Media Jon admits Reyes made him mentally fold during their fight

Very interesting to hear Jon reveal something like that. I am not a fighter, so I don't know a fighter's mentality. It's pretty cool to hear what that little voice in Jone's head told him, about quitting, and then "F that!" If I remember correctly, Jones went on to win the last couple of rounds. Poor Reyes has never been the same since that fight.

Very interesting to hear Jon reveal something like that. I am not a fighter, so I don't know a fighter's mentality. It's pretty cool to hear what that little voice in Jone's head told him, about quitting, and then "F that!" If I remember correctly, Jones went on to win the last couple of rounds. Poor Reyes has never been the same since that fight.

Yes Jon won the last 2 of out of 5 rounds. And Reyes looked great in his last fight.

Yes Jon won the last 2 of out of 5 rounds. And Reyes looked great in his last fight.
Yes, it was nice to see Reyes win again. I hope his career gets back on track, because he seems like a good guy, and it was kind of sad watching him get brutally KO'd a couple times. I wish him well, LHW needs more contenders.

Hard to recall, but most agree 3/2 Reyes at the time. Maybe time to watch that fight again. He felt how it is to lose after those 3 rounds. But gave it all after that. Which I think was not enough to win.

Anyhow, Jones is hard to beat, especially to outpoint, that is his biggest strength. He is not that dangerous fighter, finisher.

In his last 10 fights, he won 7 by decision, even split decision against Thiago Santos.

Last edited:
7zhluu.jpg

When you're Jon Jones you're not use to getting your ass handed to you for 3 rds. You better believe he knows deep down that he lost that fight. However, I'm sure Jon is a master at telling himself lies to make himself feel better. He's done so much destruction in his life he has too.

Back