• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon’s weight was, um, unimpressive

How much “muscle” did Jones actually put on?

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.
Nah it's around 30lbs. When he looked jacked is when he failed his tests. That was PED body and it was pretty obvious. His walk around weight before was around 220. That's how 30lbs looks naturally when you are bulking up. It's a process of bulking up and leaning out to get 30lbs of mass to look lean. That takes years when it's done naturally. When you see people packing 20lbs to 30lbs of lean muscle in a couple of months that's roids.

Worked from home.

had a home gym. Lifted like crazy and ate a ton of protein and calories.

it’s not that hard. I was also a D1 athlete, and I’ve been active my whole life. So lifting was not new to me.

How long did the 20 pounds of pure muscle gain(probably naturally, too) take, 20 weeks you figure?

Do you really believe he cut off the roids?
Whatever he did he’s looking fat and far less muscular than some of his ‘clean bulk’ insta or twitter pics he’d post. Could’ve been the lighting but I’d say whatever he was on he’s either not on it now or taking far less on his picogram scale

Given the fact how long he was absent Its doubtful the excuse he had to "gain" lots of weight holds. Id imagine more he had to lose weight and gain muscle. By the looks of it he only lost some fat and thats it, no muscle to speak of, his biceps or pecs looked like he didnt lift a single weight in all that time. While not a particularly significant muscles in MMa it speaks to what he was up to IMO.
He went for mass and strength. They don't look like beach bodybuilders. Look at the olympic lifters and power lifters. Most are just mass and they aren't all super cut and ripped. That's more for looks than anything else. That's why in bodybuilding competitions they base it on how you look, and not how strong you actually are.

Nah it's around 30lbs. When he looked jacked is when he failed his tests. That was PED body and it was pretty obvious. His walk around weight before was around 220. That's how 30lbs looks naturally when you are bulking up. It's a process of bulking up and leaning out to get 30lbs of mass to look lean. That takes years when it's done naturally. When you see people packing 20lbs to 30lbs of lean muscle in a couple of months that's roids.

You ever see Josh Barnett sir?
That dude looks the opposite of steroids and he's definitely not clean.

I put on 20lbs of muscle quickly without roids. So it can be done.

I bulked up 30 lbs during the process. I wasn’t as cut, but looked thick all over.

jon doesn’t look like he packed on much muscle. That would be the worse bulk I’ve ever seen.

How much “muscle” did Jones actually put on?

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.
He has a Dad bod now.....
poil-metro.gif

Lmao, tbf I wouldn't throw Rin out of bed either sir.
Actually it’s not confirmed if raw dogging Rin or Cyborg was what caused Josh to fail the test that spelled out doom to Affliction…

I too would like the opportunity to bed Ms. Nakai…

Mr. Justino, not so much…

He certainly had plenty of time to do this right and has the best of the best behind him as well as science. He was 32 last time he fought. He had the same tools behind him as an NFL linebacker .All that said , with usada in place, everyone not built the same. Jon was always bottom light so maybe this the reason why this whole process has taken as long as it has.
I think Jon is like a -150 favorite currently. I'm a little unsure about that. I'll sit this one out( wagering) but - again- fascinated on how Jones will look throwing down at heavy .

Actually it’s not confirmed if raw dogging Rin or Cyborg was what caused Josh to fail the test that spelled out doom to Affliction…

I too would like the opportunity to bed Ms. Nakai…

Mr. Justino, not so much…

Yeah Rin has a real sexuality to her...Mr Justino...not so much sir lol.

true.

it’s just that Jones has been saying he wanted to put on weight for this fight. And for a while, he was putting on muscle. Looks like all that muscle disappeared.

I know it’s hard to put on muscle as you age. But not impossible. I added about 20lbs of muscle approaching 40. Now in my forties, I am more jacked than ever.
Actually, good for you.
I'm 52 and strong.
An athlete ought to be able to put on muscle in his mid 30s. Also, I bet Jones had to be careful as a LHW to not get too big for the weight cut.
Yea, it seems sus considering his brothers are big and jacked.
All the speculation is over tonight!

How long did the 20 pounds of pure muscle gain(probably naturally, too) take, 20 weeks you figure?
I don’t remember. Maybe 6-12 months?

most of the weight came quickly In the first few months, though. I ate like a mad man. Forced myself to have 4-5 protein shakes a day. Ate all the time.

lifted like crazy. I gained 30lbs, and had to lose about 10 of it because my chin was getting thick.

it wasn’t fun. But I did it and was happy with it.

by the way, my weight goes up and down quickly. If I’m sick and stop eating and working out, I can drop 10-15lbs quickly.

when I’m healthy, eating and working out, I can pack on weight quickly. If I wanted to gain 10lbs of additional muscle, I’m confident I could do it within 3 months. But it’s not enjoyable, and I don’t want to gain anymore weight.

I don’t remember. Maybe 6-12 months?

most of the weight came quickly In the first few months, though. I ate like a mad man. Forced myself to have 4-5 protein shakes a day. Ate all the time.

lifted like crazy. I gained 30lbs, and had to lose about 10 of it because my chin was getting thick.

it wasn’t fun. But I did it and was happy with it.

by the way, my weight goes up and down quickly. If I’m sick and stop eating and working out, I can drop 10-15lbs quickly.

when I’m healthy, eating and working out, I can pack on weight quickly. If I wanted to gain 10lbs of additional muscle, I’m confident I could do it within 3 months. But it’s not enjoyable, and I don’t want to gain anymore weight.
You are definitely not gaining ten lbs of lean muscle in 3 months. You are probably not 200+ lbs.

Its not that hard he said lol.
Maybe he should be the strength and conditioning coach for the entire UFC lmao
My conditioning sucks. I lifted for strength and looks.

and with all the weight cutting in the UFC, most folks aren’t looking to add mass.

if you want to gain 10lbs of muscle and can’t do so by working out and eating, don’t you think something is wrong with your workout and diet?

Back