Joker recieves 11 Oscar nominations.

this is just so people watch these bullshit meaningless awards

Stunning
Incredible
Transcendent

Truly a new era for comic book films

Real missed opportunity to nominate Charlie's Angels and be on the right side of history.

Haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, it deserves it.

I thought the acting was great but overall the movie was a bit disappointing.

Release the salt

Joker was awesome, and a deserved nominee. Its incredible how it managed to both perfectly capture the cultural zeitgeist, and also thumb its nose at it.

What's weird to me is how these types all seem to love Jojo Rabbit and give it a pass just because everyone loves Taika. I don't want to spoil it, but that movie was all over the place tonally: I can't care about your characters if they apparently don't care about the deaths of 6 million Jews, lol. We can be Heroes!!! Now lets have a little dance, shall we?

*time stamped

-most honest and least partial review I have seen of Joker
-2.5 minute breakdown
-pretty much sums up how I felt about Joker although I did enjoy Joaquin Phoenix performance more than the reviewer in the clip.
-My personal feeling is Joker was horribly average and totally overrated. More proof the the Oscars are a simply a farce and a glorified pageant for a cult of stuck up and conceited liberals who think way too highly of themselves

It won’t win most of the awards so who cares. Phoenix has a good chance at best actor though. 1917 is going to clean up.

Not as good as Black Panther.

*time stamped

-2.5 minute breakdown
-pretty much sums up how I felt about Joker although I did enjoy Joaquin Phoenix performance more than the reviewer in the clip.
-My personal feeling is Joker was horribly average and totally overrated. More proof the the Oscars are a simply a farce and a glorified pageant for a cult of stuck up and conceited liberals who think way too highly of themselves

Rob Ager pretty much said the same thing about Blade Runner 2049

He has good breakdowns but his opinions are pretty terrible

*time stamped

-2.5 minute breakdown

Find it hard to understand how Joker receiving so many Oscar nominations ( despite it being derided by liberal and leftist media), is proof that the Oscars is a cult of concieted liberals..

And I entirely disagree with your feeling that it's horribly average and overrated (which actually is the mainstream viewpoint held by many agenda driven critics). It's a good film in itself, made great by a truly spectacular portrayal of the Joker, by Phoenix..

Find it hard to understand how Joker receiving so many Oscar nominations ( despite it being derided by liberal and leftist media), is proof that the Oscars is a cult of concieted liberals..

And I entirely disagree with your feeling that it's horribly average and overrated (which actually is the mainstream viewpoint held by many agenda driven critics). It's a good film in itself, made great by a truly spectacular portrayal of the Joker, by Phoenix..

if it were a cult of conceited liberals then Greta Gerwig wouldn’t have gotten snubbed and there’d probably be more than 1 black person nominated for an award lol.

Picture likely goes to Jojo Rabbit
Cinetography likely goes to The Lighthouse.
Actor - there's a chance to win. Or Jon Pryce for The Two Popes

Back