Movies JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX (Dragonlord's Review - "Bombs...")

"This movie makes you think 'Does Todd Philips regret doing the first Joker movie and he just wanted to to this to undo it?' We're in this weird time that studios and filmmakers are like 'So lets troll the fans that acrually built this thing up.' Hundreds of millions on their own private joke to stick it to fans... its so strange."

"But this movie did unite the people, the fans, and the critics when the previous film was divisive.... no one seems to like this."

I hit like because I enjoy reading your reviews. Not because I agree with it. I will probably enjoy it because I love the Batman universe (currently enjoying The Penguin limited series on Max) and loved the first Joker movie.

This is what I am talking about. The first one takes aim at 'incels' or whatever, which could be construed political, the rest aren't particularly interested in that but recognises how some fans of the first might be angry and talks about how it subverted expectations. More than a hundred reviews now with most saying it's a bad/disjointed film and you're desperately searching for anything you can pigeonhole an agenda into. Give it a rest already.

Oh please. You're the one with the agenda.

I hit like because I enjoy reading your reviews. Not because I agree with it. I will probably enjoy it because I love the Batman universe (currently enjoying The Penguin limited series on Max) and loved the first Joker movie.
Based on that there's likely a good chance you wont enjoy it. It's supposedly the antithesis to that.

Based on that there's likely a good chance you wont enjoy it. It's supposedly the antithesis to that.
Maybe, but my thoughts on movies rarely align with those of others. Have a great weekend.

37% fan score on RT. Fucking brutal. Think I’m gonna skip it till streaming.

From what I'm hearing, if you enjoy the first film you probably should skip it altogether.

I saw it last night. I think the concept was good but the execution of the movie was not great…

Back