Joint and Tendon Pain

minexploration

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been putting in a ton of milage to get weight down, and I am having massive issues with lower body joint pain. Has anyone found any supplements that help with this? Currently, I am taking advil and icing after each run. Any suggestions would be a great help.

-fish oil
-glucosamine/chondroitin
-msm
-hyaluronic acid
-cissus quadrangularis..

Hi,

I can't help you with supplements or medicine and there are already 2 replies on that. I can offer some information on beneficial foods and herbs you can try to incorporate into your diet.

Guava:

guava.jpg

Guava contains more lypocene (an antioxidant) than any other fruit or vegetable. Lypocene protects the body against free radicals. Free radicals can cause joint deterioration.

Turmeric:

turmeric%20(1)%20300X288.jpg

"One of turmeric's many traditional uses has been for the treatment of arthritis, because of its ability to lower inflammation. In one study, curcumin [principle curcuminoid in turmeric] was found to be virtually as effective as the anti-inflammatory medication phenyllbutazone. It's been used in India to relieve arthritis, and can be useful for muscle pains as well as joint inflammation and even carpal tunnel syndrome." 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, pg 292

Oil of oregano:

essential5Oregano.jpg

Because of its anti-inflammatory properties it alleviates joint inflammation.

Pictures taken from google images, quote taken from 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth by Jonny Bowden, Ph.D, C.N.S.

PS- I am still recovering from a broken leg so I feel you on the lower body joint and tendon pain. It's something I'm having to deal with as well. Good luck.

^^ to capitalize on that try hookah with guava flavor mixed with watermelon!

I would suggest switching up your cardio for awhile. Try something with less impact like swimming.

Hey all thanks for the replies. I will look at the supplements listed and also see how I can fit some of those foods into my diet. Thanks again.

Cissus, fish oil, joint mobility exercises, ART, Rolfing, etc.

I would say swimming, biking, bag work and rowing along with some interval work to help lower your weight.

Back