Joint and Tendon Pain

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by minexploration, Jun 20, 2008.

1. minexploration

minexploration White Belt

I have been putting in a ton of milage to get weight down, and I am having massive issues with lower body joint pain. Has anyone found any supplements that help with this? Currently, I am taking advil and icing after each run. Any suggestions would be a great help.

2. DEVILsSON

DEVILsSON Black Belt

-fish oil
    -glucosamine/chondroitin
    -msm
    -hyaluronic acid
    -cissus quadrangularis..

3. bSquared949

bSquared949 Guest

agreed

4. Renaissance

Renaissance Blue Belt

Hi,

I can't help you with supplements or medicine and there are already 2 replies on that. I can offer some information on beneficial foods and herbs you can try to incorporate into your diet.

Guava:

[​IMG]

Guava contains more lypocene (an antioxidant) than any other fruit or vegetable. Lypocene protects the body against free radicals. Free radicals can cause joint deterioration.

Turmeric:

[​IMG]

"One of turmeric's many traditional uses has been for the treatment of arthritis, because of its ability to lower inflammation. In one study, curcumin [principle curcuminoid in turmeric] was found to be virtually as effective as the anti-inflammatory medication phenyllbutazone. It's been used in India to relieve arthritis, and can be useful for muscle pains as well as joint inflammation and even carpal tunnel syndrome." 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, pg 292

Oil of oregano:

[​IMG]

Because of its anti-inflammatory properties it alleviates joint inflammation.

Pictures taken from google images, quote taken from 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth by Jonny Bowden, Ph.D, C.N.S.

PS- I am still recovering from a broken leg so I feel you on the lower body joint and tendon pain. It's something I'm having to deal with as well. Good luck.

5. bSquared949

bSquared949 Guest

^^ to capitalize on that try hookah with guava flavor mixed with watermelon!

6. ThePitBull32

ThePitBull32 Green Belt

I would suggest switching up your cardio for awhile. Try something with less impact like swimming.

7. minexploration

minexploration White Belt

Hey all thanks for the replies. I will look at the supplements listed and also see how I can fit some of those foods into my diet. Thanks again.

8. Mathias

Mathias Blue Belt

Try riding a bike instead of running.

9. Vedic

Vedic Purple Belt

Cissus, fish oil, joint mobility exercises, ART, Rolfing, etc.

10. food70

food70 White Belt

Flax and ginger root are good options as well.

11. Ian Coe

Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I would say swimming, biking, bag work and rowing along with some interval work to help lower your weight.