Johny Hendricks looked pretty good at Weigh-Ins

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit, I was not expecting him to look as good as he did. Every person I know predicted that he would miss weight by at least 5 pounds or more. But to only miss by HALF of that? What a huge step up for Bigg Rigg.

UFC President Dana White said "Yeah I've been keeping up with Johny and knew that he was getting a little more serious in his training. Obviously we wouldn't have been surprised if he had missed weight by 8 pounds, so this was a pleasant surprise. I don't the we could expect anything more from him."

Hendricks's weight troubles have been well documented during his UFC tenure. Most blame his lifestyle that regularly includes driving all over the country with Kelvin Gastelum, and stopping at every Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken that they can find. They beast on some Gorditas.

Fully hydrated and fat can make you look good

How did you feel about his weigh in, Nick Diaz?

Wouldn't mind a 165 and 175 division instead of 170. Guys like Gastelum, Hendricks would probably be really happy with such a change.

Good? I saw right away he was way over 171, he looked fat and bloated and his body language was enough to tell the story.

Wouldn't mind a 165 and 175 division instead of 170. Guys like Gastelum, Hendricks would probably be really happy with such a change.
Lol you think that will keep him from missing weight? He'll just come in at 177.

Dana saying a fighter has achieved something by missing weight is just foolish

big pigg will find a way to eat to 210 lbs and miss weight

That would result in a lot of now 185 fighters trying to cut to 175.. and there will even be bigger problems since all of them do it for the first time.

No sir. I you can't make a weight class just bulk and move up.

Good? I saw right away he was way over 171, he looked fat and bloated and his body language was enough to tell the story.

So you SAW a two pound weight difference? I call bullshit. You can see soft, you can see body language, but you cannot see 2 or 3 pounds on a 170+ lb man. At least not unless you REALLY know every inch of that man well.

Are you fucking joking? Then they would be pigging out and then missing weight at the new weight class.

Kevin and Hendricks would gladly fight at 200 lbs if their opponents were still WW.

So you SAW a two pound weight difference? I call bullshit. You can see soft, you can see body language, but you cannot see 2 or 3 pounds on a 170+ lb man. At least not unless you REALLY know every inch of that man well.
You dont know me

I agree he looked good for him.

Back