Johny doesn't deserve to win this

Hendricks didn't do shit. I feel like I'm repeating myself in threads but there is no way you can score that snugglesfest for Hendricks. He won round 2 and that's all.

So takedowns with no offense win fights now? Lmao haha...Judges got it right.
I'll take that over the illusion of a sub attempt. Really pathetic if you thought it was close to getting the finish. Johnny did little maggy did less.

Hendricks didn't do shit. I feel like I'm repeating myself in threads but there is no way you can score that snugglesfest for Hendricks. He won round 2 and that's all.
magny didn't either. Why is that hard to get? If you get constantly taken down. DO SOMETHING BIG in response. not make little effort to get up and just lay there. I don't care what you say every shot from the top with all that leverage is worth much more than shots that are all arm from below.

I'll take that over the illusion of a sub attempt. Really pathetic if you thought it was close to getting the finish. Johnny did little maggy did less.
Meh. At least magny was trying for subs. Whaleny was just spamming tds with nothing else.

magny didn't either. Why is that hard to get? If you get constantly taken down. DO SOMETHING BIG in response. not make little effort to get up and just lay there. I don't care what you say every shot from the top with all that leverage is worth much more than shots that are all arm from below.

Magny tried to do damage. Hendricks took a nap.

So takedowns with no offense win fights now? Lmao haha...Judges got it right.

Arm Barbarian. For some reason over the years folks think a take down is a huge deal, no matter what the take down.. Once heard big john McCarthy compare take downs to striking. For example if it's a huge overhand right that causes the chicken dance , well equate that to a huge Rampage slam to the ground back when he was in Pride. He did a take down that caused a lot of damage while getting control.. Now compare a take down that a fighter works on for a while against the cage ,drops his opponent down on his butt then works to pull him away from the case and flatten him down to get position. This doesn't cause any bodily damage and would be equated to a range finding jab if it were a strike. This is how judges are supposed to judge take downs. The rest is position and control. Unless damage is added or there is effective grappling to attempt to and or submit it. Shouldn't be giving more value that what it is.

I agree with you. Johnny may have got take downs but other than in round two they weren't of great effect other than positionat dominance. He didn't do any striking damage or even go for submissions. So ya Magneys sub attempts and elbows may have been from the bottom but Hell they were certainly more effective. Especially when Johnny was in guard most of the time. Any BJJ guy will say that's pretty much a neutral position.

If you think Johny effortless deserved to win that fight, you're fucking wrong.

I was ecstatic when the judges didn't reward him for his inactivity. Homeboy did not even attempt to fight.

Lol say what you want the judges punished Bigg Rigg for not making weight.....
Watch the fight again, without audio (so there is totally unbiased commentary). BUT, only watch rounds one and three. Then come back here and explain how Johnny won the fight. Did he land more and more damaging strikes, go for submissions, try and end the fight? Explain it please

If you think Johny effortless deserved to win that fight, you're fucking wrong.

I was ecstatic when the judges didn't reward him for his inactivity. Homeboy did not even attempt to fight.

I think he looked halfway decent in round 2. Other than that though he looked like garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back