Johnny Walker

Colemanstove

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So whats the verdict on him now. Looked like he can take a shot but has shit defence and a bad reaction defensively when getting hit hard. Super disappointing. I can't see him reaching the top after this happening vs Corey Anderson..
Walker vs shogun next

Corey walkered walker. went out and went mental and made him do the salmon. Still a fan, LHW has sucked for a long time. Him and Santos are the only entertaining fighters. Hell the champ is allowed to juice and he hasn't put on a show for fuck knows how long?!

I think he'll be fed to Jan Blachowicz or more likely a bout with Nikita Krylov

He looked like he didnt have a clue for some reason

Walker has a long road to get back to where he was with all the hype gone

Anderson is good but not a world beater

His last loss prior to UFC 244 was an 18 second first round KO. He then went on to win 9 straight, including 3 in the UFC. Fighters learn and get better. No reason to think this won't be the same thing.

Corey's on a great run with Glover, Latifi and now Walker.

Glover and Latifi were both top 5 when he beat them as well.

He has serious issues with his defense and his chin is a question mark. I've never seen Anderson have that kind of effect with his strikes before.

Also, Walker couldn't land (or even throw) anything when Anderson didn't react to his awkward movement and feints and just stuck to a conventional boxing guard.

His power is legit, but he seems to have a ton of holes in his game for UFC-level competition.

Last edited:
He got hurt and a ref thought fighting was the wrong thing to do.

Fighters learn and get better. No reason to think this won't be the same thing.

You can't train your chin though.
Sure he can improve his defence but he's getting knocked out again in the not too distant future. That's 3x KO/TKO losses for him now.

Fun fighter to watch but he's never doing anything big. He'd probably be better off at HW as the HW's all suck.

Lots of hype got derailed tonight. It should be a reminder to fans not to get too excited with certain fighters. It was a pretty shitty stoppage though.

He got hurt and a ref thought fighting was the wrong thing to do.
While I agree that the fight probably should've been allowed to go on a bit longer, there's no way Walker was surviving the round.

He followed "Anderson's gameplan against Weidman" on point

Too clowny for my taste. Yet he is still young and big, strong, athletic the book isn't closed officially on him but yea some around sherdog were a tad too much imo.
Went full:

giphy.webp

After that performance, it's hard to deny he's gonna be the one to beat Jones.

After Reyes beats Jones, and Santos beats Jones and Anderson beats Jones.

But but Walker Will destroy Jon Jones oh wait so now Corey Will destroy Jon Jones?

That was horrible. This moron corey will now walk around like he's the G saying he deserves this and that. I hate crybabies like that, for me he can go and fight in amateur mma league in guatemala, couldn't give less fucks.

Johnny Walker is exciting but outside of athleticism doesn’t offer much in terms of top completion

If you watch any of his fights, his chin is out there for the talking as we have seen before

Back