John Makdessi vs Daron Cruickshank at 158

Very interesting matchup. Cruickshank is chinny and Makdessi has some decent power in his hands and feet so I think he could hurt him. I am leaning towards Makdessi as of now.

Damn. Cruickshank has been KO'd twice (although one was from shooting in right into a knee) so his chin is a bit suspect right now. Could be an amazing fight, and I think Cruickshank will fight smart and get some takedowns.

Was predicting this fight would happen. I could see Makdessi winning, but I gotta go with my fellow Michigander Cruickshank.

Either way great fight

Wow. Should be a very interesting clash between high level strikers.

I like that fighter Cruickshank but i think Makdessi takes the cake.

Hermoine's cat by UD thanks to takedowns.

Cruickshank has the ground game to ruin Makdessi's night

Very interesting matchup. Cruickshank is chinny and Makdessi has some decent power in his hands and feet so I think he could hurt him. I am leaning towards Makdessi as of now.

Goreds Goplats? Nice bro

I have a tough time capping this...

Daron has the wrestling edge which theoretically could be the deciding factor although I'm not sure he mixes it up well enough that he can take Makdessi down. John's TDD is underrated and it showed vs Stout.

What's the reach/height here? I can't imagine it's Njokuani territory; I don't see Mak getting picked apart from the outside.

This is great matchmaking by Joe Silva. I'd give a very slight edge to Mak. Daron has a shaky chin but Makdessi isn't a KO artist. He snipes from the outside and counters like few strikers can in the UFC.

Ultimately this might be a razor thin question mark kick decision.

Goreds Goplats? Nice bro

I have a tough time capping this...

Daron has the wrestling edge which theoretically could be the deciding factor although I'm not sure he mixes it up well enough that he can take Makdessi down. John's TDD is underrated and it showed vs Stout.

What's the reach/height here? I can't imagine it's Njokuani territory; I don't see Mak getting picked apart from the outside.

This is great matchmaking by Joe Silva. I'd give a very slight edge to Mak. Daron has a shaky chin but Makdessi isn't a KO artist. He snipes from the outside and counters like few strikers can in the UFC.

Ultimately this might be a razor thin question mark kick decision.
Thanks, and I agree completely. John has only been taken down by Hallman iirc who probably had 30 pounds on him come fight night.

I think Daron will have a 3-4 inch reach advantage and a couple inch height advantage that might help him, but I don't think he is as good of a striker as Njok either.

Shit, that's a great fight. Makdessi by UD. Joe Silva's been on fire lately.

Cruickshank, because I like kicks.

If you favor kicks then you should favor Makdessi.

Cruickshank seems to have better power with textbook round kicks but Makdessi seems to have a much more expansive arsenal of unorthodox kicking techniques.

If you favor kicks then you should favor Makdessi.

Cruickshank seems to have better power with textbook round kicks but Makdessi seems to have a much more expansive arsenal of unorthodox kicking techniques.

Screw that fancy crap.

Back