John Dodson vs. Manny Gamburyan Added To UFC on FOX 19 in Tampa

Who wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

What a...stupid fight. Dodson is a top 3 title challenger and should have gotten atleast a top 10 opponent for his UFC 135 debut. Wow, pointless except for Dodson to get a HL reel knockout.

Serious mismatch. RIP Manny.

Serious mismatch. RIP Manny.
Meanwhile Almeida hasn't fought since 189 and Dodson vs. Almeida would have made perfect sense for the UFC 198 card in Brazil.

EDIT: I forgot he deaded Birchak @ FN 77. My point still stands.

Last edited:
I'lll be amazed if Manny lasts the distance.

Meanwhile Almeida hasn't fought since 189 and Dodson vs. Almeida would have made perfect sense for the UFC 198 card in Brazil.

Freaking Sean Shelby... He makes Joe Silva look like a genius..

You mean his return to 135 didn't he fight dilly at 135?

I agree it's a stupid match up

Didn't Almeida damn near kill someone on the last Brazil card?

What a stupid fight this is, Dodson by KO.

688850_1.jpg

seems legit

Didn't Almeida damn near kill someone on the last Brazil card?

What a stupid fight this is, Dodson by KO.
I take that back, he fought Birchak after he fought Pickett. But yes, he deaded both of them.

Manny is still in the UFC?

I don't mind it at all. Why does Dodson deserve a top guy in a wait class he hasn't fought in, in years? Also Manny has looked like completely new fighter since dropping to BW.

I think Dodson wins, but people could be surprised on how well Manny does.

Also this card is crazy stacked

With respect to the level of competition he was facing, he hasn't looked all that hot in recent times, so I don't mind what could be a showcase fight for him.

I don't mind it at all. Why does Dodson deserve a top guy in a wait class he hasn't fought in, in years? Also Manny has looked like completely new fighter since dropping to BW.

I think Dodson wins, but people could be surprised on how well Manny does.

Also this card is crazy stacked
I think being a 2 time title contender and being a top 3 guy in his respective weight class should have earned him a top 15 fight. Lineker got a top 15 fight when he went up and that move was forced on him, so why shouldn't Dodson get the same?

I think being a 2 time title contender and being a top 3 guy in his respective weight class should have earned him a top 15 fight. Lineker got a top 15 fight when he went up and that move was forced on him, so why shouldn't Dodson get the same?
I don't even follow rankings man, because there are really good fighters outside of the 'top 15' in every weight class

I don't even follow rankings man, because there are really good fighters outside of the 'top 15' in every weight class
I follow the rankings because even though the UFC doesn't always go off the rankings, they act as a relatively good indicator. Regardless of how anyone feels about rankings, it's hard to argue that Gamburyan is in Dodson's league. You're a pretty good match maker and I know you and I both could have come up with a multitude of other fights that would have been a lot better than this.

Wouldnt be shocked if a lot of the higher ranked guys were ducking Dodson. I dont mind this fight and prefer it to the Yahya fight that was rumored.

Back