John Carpenter Interviews

Is there a point to this thread or did you just want to list over two hours of interviews by the guy who made Big Trouble in Little China?

What are John Carpenter's thoughts on geometric dimensioning and tolerancing?

Is there a point to this thread or did you just want to list over two hours of interviews by the guy who made Big Trouble in Little China?

upload_2018-8-2_14-29-32.png

Does everything have to be spelled out for you guys?

John Carpenter Interviews are self-evident.

Besides, didn't anyone notice that flay ass plaid sweater from the first vid?

Fuckin Amazing!

Agent Zero M motherfucks!

Plus Keith Fucking David

The Black Guy Lives!

This is a small segment, if you can find the whole podcast episode somewhere, it’s great. Bret Easton Ellis (author of American Psycho), talking to Carpenter for an hour plus.

This is a small segment, if you can find the whole podcast episode somewhere, it’s great. Bret Easton Ellis (author of American Psycho), talking to Carpenter for an hour plus.

Nice, thanks.

Carpenter is A #1. Directed and composed. How many directors do that?

Keith Fucking David
Only the movie with the greatest fight scene ever:

they-live-roddy-and-keith.jpg

Piper said that while Carpenter asked him many questions in preparation for “They Live,” the director also made him watch “The Quiet Man” which starred John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara. Aside from its beautiful photography of the Irish countryside, the movie also had one of the longest fight scenes ever filmed. Carpenter was determined to make an even longer fight scene, and to that, Piper said, “Okey dokey.”

Another reason Carpenter asked him so many questions, Piper said, was because “he was trying to figure out whom to put with me.” Keith David ended up being his co-star, and Piper described him as a “220-pound dancer” and of how “he is like Mike Tyson and doesn’t know it.” He also went on to describe David as a “great and wonderful man” and that he “kept laughing at all my mistakes.”

Piper did have a hand in choreographing the fight, and much of the rehearsal between him and David took place in Carpenter’s backyard. He taught David how to throw and take a punch, but knowing how punches on camera can appear faked, Piper eventually told him:

“Listen Keith, just hit me. From here on down (pointing to below his neck and above his waist) just hit me and go as far as you can.”

Piper said David had no problem doing that.

In filming the fight, Piper said he and David worked on three sections of it, and that they took it as far as they could. The day after that, they worked on the close ups for the scene. Rumor has it that it took three weeks of rehearsal to get the choreography of the fight just right. The audience was shocked however to hear that, even with the fight lasting almost six minutes, five minutes were actually taken out of it.

Man another fan of the BEE podcast?

giphy.gif

Man another fan of the BEE podcast?

giphy.gif

Yeah, great show. Super intelligent, super cynical film nerd gays are my favorite gays.

His episodes with Adam Carolla, Tarantino, Marilyn Manson & Paul Schrader stand out in my mind as great. As well as the aforementioned John Carpenter. Honestly, haven’t heard a bad episode yet though actually.

Just watched Big Trouble for the first time in probably almost 10 years. Introduced a new generation of kids to it and I was skeptical. Would it hold up? Wouldn't it still appeal to a new generation? Etc.

Man, it was a huge hit. 5 kids ages 3-10 all transfixed for the entire movie. Cheering at everything I remembered, laughing at all the right times.

When the 6 year old wanted his brother to throw a toy knife at his face, I knew I had done the right thing.

Also, the movie is so fucking insane it's ridiculous. I'm sure one of the co writers and co-directors was none other than Cocain himself.

Yeah, great show. Super intelligent, super cynical film nerd gays are my favorite gays.

His episodes with Adam Carolla, Tarantino, Marilyn Manson & Paul Schrader stand out in my mind as great. As well as the aforementioned John Carpenter. Honestly, haven’t heard a bad episode yet though actually.

Did you know he's releasing new episodes via Patreon now? I mention it because I had no idea until a sherbro told me recently. Like $5 a month and you get new episodes

Did you know he's releasing new episodes via Patreon now? I mention it because I had no idea until a sherbro told me recently. Like $5 a month and you get new episodes

Lol no, I had no idea. I was like ‘why hasn’t he released any new episodes in like, a year, he must be really busy.’

Back