Media Joe Rogan wants MT 4oz gloves under UFC banner

David Street

Use skills
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mm...34653a1a2841615bf1f16&ei=145#image=AA1gNWfd|1

"Rogan expressed his willingness to provide commentary on the possibility of the UFC organizing a pay-per-view event exclusively featuring Muay Thai.

The 56-year-old also suggested that Michael Schiavello, a commentator for ONE Championship, be recruited to provide coverage for the hypothetical event.

According to Sportskeeda, Rogan said, "The UFC should hire Michael Shiavello and do a Muay Thai card. Dana, I'll commentate. You heard me. I'll commentate it. Let's go."

Schiavello responded to Joe Rogan's request on X (formerly Twitter), expressing his interest in collaborating with Rogan and the UFC.

He tweeted, ".@joerogan has an idea for @UFC to do a Muay Thai show in 4oz gloves and he tells @DanaWhite here that he will commentate it! @Mickmaynard2 LET'S DO IT! The awesome machine of the world's #1 martial arts organisation UFC behind the most spectacular striking sport!"

Screenshot 2023-09-30 11.56.43 AM.png

UFC Fight Pass Invitational has been bjj events free on fight pass, not sure a pay-for-view would sell out, but a UFC Fight Pass MT Invitational show would work if they brought in a few stars.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mm...34653a1a2841615bf1f16&ei=145#image=AA1gNWfd|1

"Rogan expressed his willingness to provide commentary on the possibility of the UFC organizing a pay-per-view event exclusively featuring Muay Thai.

The 56-year-old also suggested that Michael Schiavello, a commentator for ONE Championship, be recruited to provide coverage for the hypothetical event.

According to Sportskeeda, Rogan said, "The UFC should hire Michael Shiavello and do a Muay Thai card. Dana, I'll commentate. You heard me. I'll commentate it. Let's go."

Schiavello responded to Joe Rogan's request on X (formerly Twitter), expressing his interest in collaborating with Rogan and the UFC.

He tweeted, ".@joerogan has an idea for @UFC to do a Muay Thai show in 4oz gloves and he tells @DanaWhite here that he will commentate it! @Mickmaynard2 LET'S DO IT! The awesome machine of the world's #1 martial arts organisation UFC behind the most spectacular striking sport!"

View attachment 1004369

As someone who used to watch mma back in the day, i really wanted this. Paul Daley, Thiago Alves and many more could've put on awesome KB or MT fights on ufc cards. We'll see i guess. I'd tune in for sure depending on the level, i ain't watching K1 shields or K1 Hughes.

Not the overweight Pinguin mocking knocked out legends with his 1 liners....

View attachment 1004369
Rogan has been talking about One and muay thai quite a bit in his show. He was also talking about superlek vs rodtang. Ill try to find the clip. He was talking about how entertaining it is.

Rogan has been talking about One and muay thai quite a bit in his show. He was also talking about superlek vs rodtang. Ill try to find the clip. He was talking about how entertaining it is.

He's always talked about kickboxing and MT on there. He definitely digs the sports and has had a few kickboxers and MT fighters as guest.

On one of his podcasts with Dana he was trying to convince Dana to either buy Glory or make a UFC KB product. Dana shot it down saying the image of KB had been ruined by PKA. I dont think he will change his mind to be the next Muay Xtreme.

He's always talked about kickboxing and MT on there. He definitely digs the sports and has had a few kickboxers and MT fighters as guest.

Yeah he's had John Wayne Parr on a few times, a few Glory guys I think. Rogan has often said he wonders why KB/MT isn't more popular, with a marketing machine like the UFC behind it it could be bigger than MMA. I get what he's saying, striking is more entertaining to a casual I'd say.

On one of his podcasts with Dana he was trying to convince Dana to either buy Glory or make a UFC KB product. Dana shot it down saying the image of KB had been ruined by PKA. I dont think he will change his mind to be the next Muay Xtreme.
Cannot see Pierre Andurand ever give up controlling interest in Glory.

PKA/ full contact kickboxing wasn't even that bad. I used to watch full contact iska cards on ESPN, back when they showed K-1 and strikeforce cards.

My dream has always been to see a huge, mainstream Muay Thai league in the US. The UFC has such an influential platform, and with their backing, Muay Thai could potentially see a 10x surge in popularity. If Rogan and Schiavello were to team up on commentary, that would be an absolute treat for fight fans. It's really sad that Dana invested in slap fighting just because it gets views on TikTok, when Muay Thai offers so much more in terms of technique and tradition. The combination of UFC's production value and Muay Thai's exciting striking could make for exciting events. Let's hope Dana White and the UFC reconsider and make it happen!

I just hope that something like that will never happen, imagine have muay thai turning in some sort of wwe shit because seems like americans can enjoy fighting sport only in that way

And i don't think he has even seen the One friday night fights

TKO Group Holdings should buy One Championship but Charti would want billions for his losing money company. If the UFC can promote Muay Thai, and have K-1 esque tournaments, my goodness it would be glorious. But getting the best MT fighters from the Thai Boxing Stadiums is something that One is working on.

PKA/ full contact kickboxing wasn't even that bad. I used to watch full contact iska cards on ESPN, back when they showed K-1 and strikeforce cards.
Same here. I think Dana overestimates the legacy of PKA though, most people don't remember that shit at all or are from a demographic that wasn't even alive when it was going on.

I'd imagine your average person thinks of Kickboxing as a discipline for MMA these days, and knows nothing about the shiny pants stuff.

Back