Media Joe Rogan UFC vs Boxing - Remember this?

Who won this discussion?

• Total voters
Yes, Joe was and still is a perfect ambassador for the sport of MMA.
Watching him tear up talking in the UFC 300 post-fight interviews really reflected it.
The man literally worked the first few event for free! He didn’t need it on his CV, and was clearing his already busy schedule to work the mic for them sometimes.

Edit: I just realised there’s a poll. Who’s the retard that voted that lil Lolo won this discussion? Reveal yourself so we can all make fun of you.

Last edited:
For someone that has been watching about 20 years I can buy some arguments from both. Boxing has managed to hold the cleaner, more mainstream image and the competitor levels are not even close. There are still way more boxers all over the world and more exposure in general. Also mma being one promotion thing is right. Yeah there are other companies but none of them seem to last or get signigicantly bigger to threaten the ufc. Also ufc head especially Dana doesnt seem to give a shit if production seems clean or not. They still mainly look for "killers'. Also Dana doesnt seem to care about sport becoming more mainstream either as he always seems to be on war with media.

But this "war" isnt over. Its only begun. So I tend to agree with Joes points. The key arguments are there to make the sport bigger. Just not sure if the current lead wants the sport to grow anymore. Seems like Dana wants to keep it like lt is so things are easier to control.

For someone that has been watching about 20 years I can buy some arguments from both. Boxing has managed to hold the cleaner, more mainstream image and the competitor levels are not even close. There are still way more boxers all over the world and more exposure in general. Also mma being one promotion thing is right. Yeah there are other companies but none of them seem to last or get signigicantly bigger to threaten the ufc. Also ufc head especially Dana doesnt seem to give a shit if production seems clean or not. They still mainly look for "killers'. Also Dana doesnt seem to care about sport becoming more mainstream either as he always seems to be on war with media.

But this "war" isnt over. Its only begun. So I tend to agree with Joes points. The key arguments are there to make the sport bigger. Just not sure if the current lead wants the sport to grow anymore. Seems like Dana wants to keep it like lt is so things are easier to control.
None of that is relevant. You’re making the same error lil lolo made in the vid. Talking about how dangerous knees and elbows are and how scary blood is on tv.
Joe destroyed that argument saying we are comparing the sports and he has nothing to do with the promoting and advertisement of it. Thats not the sport, thats just the business people running it.

Lou DiBella came off terrible here. That said Joe got too emotional and said some stupid things as well.
Lo’s whole schtick here was retarded grandpa drom the start, because you could replace the word UFC with Kickboxing or Muay thai and his argument would be just as weak. Like wake up dude, there’s already another combat sport (muay Thai) and it has a WBC world championship.

Last edited:
Joe came off looking better in the argument. But he was also wrong as was Lou Dibella which we can now see in hindsight

Boxing isn’t controlled by a single shady, corrupt promoter whose own mother hates him.

Instead it’s controlled by many shady, corrupt promoters whose relationships with their mothers are unknown
Didn’t Hearn have an interview recently on Pierce Morgan’s Youtube channel alongside his brother or dad. Their relationship seemed weird af.

Aged terrible. Literally 2 of the biggest stars of all time in boxing came about right after this. Floyd and Manny.

And now boxing has guys like Canelo, Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury etc that are huge mega stars.

None of that is relevant. You’re making the same error lil lolo made in the vid. Talking about how dangerous knees and elbows are and how scary blood is on tv.
Joe destroyed that argument saying we are comparing the sports and he has nothing to do with the promoting and advertisement of it. Thats not the sport, thats just the business people running it.

Lo’s whole schtick here was retarded grandpa drom the start, because you could replace the word UFC with Kickboxing or Muay thai and his argument would be just as weak. Like wake up dude, there’s already another combat sport (muay Thai) and it has a WBC world championship.
The only argument I care about is whether ufc can reach the popularity and maistream coverage of boxing. It could happen but I'm not sure it will happen with the current people on top.
And I don't mind if it happens or doesn't. I'm not a Dana White hater. Sport is fine as it is.

There are more people competing /hobbyists in boxing worldwide than there are in mma.

How many people total are competing in MMA you think? Vs Boxing?

I have wondered this myself. Haven’t seen any good guesses. Sherdog admins and people say fight finder has a ton of people, but a lot of them are retired etc. hard to know how many active MMA fighters there are.

How many people total are competing in MMA you think? Vs Boxing?

I have wondered this myself. Haven’t seen any good guesses. Sherdog admins and people say fight finder has a ton of people, but a lot of them are retired etc. hard to know how many active MMA fighters there are.

Its a complete quess on my part. But considering the olympic status and large amateur pools Id imagine it still is quite a difference.

If someone has different factual information I will gladly admit that Im wrong.

Boxing is easily infiltrated by people like Jake Paul. lol.

Half-trolling aside though, both sports are great for us who enjoy watching combat-related entertainment. I honestly wish people don't aggressively argue which one is better. It's apples to oranges for me.

Back