Joe Rogan - "chris weidman is without a doubt anderson silva's toughest opponent"

Are you arguing that Forrest is/was better than Weidman??

Nonsense. (Silva is going to destroy Weidman anyways)

No Weidman has a much better style but people write off the legitimacy Forrest fight for how he looked at the end of his career, rather than realizing Anderson clowned him immediately after he lost the title.

Good chance the biggest hype train derailment in history will happen tomorrow tonight.

You highlighted Stephan Bonnar as better. Subtly veiled hate thread.

is this guy serious?.. Its starting to get old having all these guys come outve the woodwork saying chris weidman is the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and now joe rogan on his balls like white on rice saying hes the toughest test for anderson???

so does anybody really think outve : (capitalized = VASTLY better than weidman)

yushin okami
RICH FRANKLIN x2
nate marquardt
james irvin
FORREST GRIFFIN
STEPHAN BONNAR
DAN HENDERSON
patrick cote
CHAEL SONNEN
VITOR BELFORT

that chris weidman, the guy who beat superfat munoz and decisioned maia is the toughest one yet?? the one who will end the reign??

i need some of what joe rogan/ ufc / sherdoggers are smokin

anderson embarrasses weidman KO/TKO 1st or 2nd round

You do realize it's Rogan's job to hype the fight right?

Also, Silva by ass rape over Weidman.

Franklin x2 and hendo are Anderson's standout wins.

We'll fucking see tomorrow.

geovCPq.gif

Joe Rogan says something similar for every fight.

UFC hype machine. Rogan is a zuffa employee he's not going to say Weidman is going to get torn apart.

a UFC employee saying something to hype a fight, how shocking

Why, loosing to a champ, means you're all hype?

Getting just about every fighter and expert on the planet to choose you to win and having a massive campaign made about how you will dethrone the champ and then failing, yes, you have not lived up to the hype. Not that Weidman isn't good, he is, but I just don't think he is good enough.

Rogans job is to hype fights, given a lot of Sherdogers belief in Weidman, it seems Rogan is doing his job quite well.

just watched all weidmans fights in the UFC.

laughable. beating Munoz for a title shot, yet people cut up bisping ?!

Anderson may be pushing 40, but weidman did not look any more impressive in ANY fight when compared to bonner, griffin, dan henderson, maia, irvin, sonnen, and the rest of the list.

if weidman wins, it will be pure "luck of the fight".

this magically skill set has not been displayed in any of his fights, so i am going to lean toward the usual hype train like sonnen was. unless silva comes in injured or sick, this is going to be another short night for the challenger.

i am not huggin' any nuts, silva has proven himself over the past decade.
weidman should have fought dan henderson and vitor before this.

Anyone who has seen more than the Munoz highlights knows that Weidman is hyped up beyond all logic. That's why Silva, finally, accepted this fight and was being so polite, until the stare down. Silva knows that this fight will be a walk in the park for him. The UFC knows that Weidman's not special. That's why the put him against Anderson so early.

Look at how they're treating Conor McGregor. They think he's special, so they're slowly putting him against lesser opponents. Weidman's a good fighter. He'll be top 5 for his whole career, but he probably won't ever be champion.

It's not about the accomplishments, but the skill set. Nobody Silva has faced has the wrestling with the subs, along with KO power. He offers a wider range of threats than the other opponents. That's the only reason he's a bigger threat.

This is true..but on the flip side, Weidman has never faced someone with the striking accuracy,speed and timing of Anderson, nor the ability of being able to breakdown their game plan in his head within the first 5 minutes of fighting or so.

Silva WILL win this fight.

I agree with hyping the fight 100%. This is business bro. One thing u cant deny tho is rogans comments throughout the fights, kinda stupid plus sometimes he really seem to be rooting for some fighters intead of being impartial

Rogan has said the exact same thing for every other person he has fought. He even said that Cote was the best striker he ever fought. Its laughable.

I was gonna say this. I love Joe Rogan but the dude is doing his job hyping up the challenger. Also I'm not going to discredit Weidman but I feel that Anderson's toughest opponent was Hendo.

This is true..but on the flip side, Weidman has never faced someone with the striking accuracy,speed and timing of Anderson, nor the ability of being able to breakdown their game plan in his head within the first 5 minutes of fighting or so.

Silva WILL win this fight.

Oh, I picked Silva...it's just that a lot of people don't get why Weidman is getting such credit...

I am picking Silva but I am quite intrigued by the match-up and will be purchasing the paper-view, which is usually don't.

Getting just about every fighter and expert on the planet to choose you to win and having a massive campaign made about how you will dethrone the champ and then failing, yes, you have not lived up to the hype. Not that Weidman isn't good, he is, but I just don't think he is good enough.
Ok, you mean the fight, not Weidman as fighter. Gotcha.

In all fairness he is getting paid to say it. The point of him on those hype machine vids is to hype up the fighters, one is already widely regarded as one of the greatest fighters what else do you say about the other? I get tired of Dana saying its the biggest UFC fight ever every HW or LHW title match but its his job to promote it.

Back