Joe Rogan ''Cejudo might not make weight''

Starts at 5:08

When it comes to visually estimating the weight of muscular manlets Joe's mirrors and scales have given him decades of hard data. I will bow to Rogan's expertise here.

Would be the first time for a champion to miss weight and be stripped. This isn't the same as Yoel vs Rockhold since neither of them had the belt before their fight.
It has happened in other orgs, might be the first for the UFC tho, he might pull BEFORE the fight, so he gets to keep his belt, but if he officially misses weight, its going to be stripped at the scale.

Wrong, vacant wouldn't make it TJ's belt.
There are no rules for this. If the UFC wanted to put the strap on TJ if he wins, they can do it, which would make sense.
Also makes sense for Cejudo to miss weight to get an advantage on TJ. Even if he wins, he isn't the champ anymore.

It has happened in other orgs, might be the first for the UFC tho, he might pull BEFORE the fight, so he gets to keep his belt, but if he officially misses weight, its going to be stripped at the scale.

Do you have an example? I don't follow every org so i'm not saying it hasn't happened outside the UFC but I can't think of any time this situation has happened.

There are no rules for this. If the UFC wanted to put the strap on TJ if he wins, they can do it, which would make sense.
Also makes sense for Cejudo to miss weight to get an advantage on TJ. Even if he wins, he isn't the champ anymore.

That's true, i'm just saying this isn't the same situation as Romero vs Rockhold since neither was the title holder.

It happened in WEC for Sonnen vs Filho. Sonnen didn't get the strap but Filho unofficially gave it to him.

That's true, i'm just saying this isn't the same situation as Romero vs Rockhold since neither was the title holder.
True.
Happened in WEC though for Sonnen vs Filho 2, where Sonnen didn't get the strap since the fight was at catchweight, so you have a point. Filho did give the belt to Sonnen after IIRC.

UFC hoping Cejudo doesn't make weight so they can strip him of the title and wave bye bye to 25.

It happened in WEC for Sonnen vs Filho. Sonnen didn't get the strap but Filho unofficially gave it to him.

They stripped Filho but Sonnen didn't get the chance to officially win the belt.

True.
Happened in WEC though for Sonnen vs Filho 2, where Sonnen didn't get the strap since the fight was at catchweight, so you have a point. Filho did give the belt to Sonnen after IIRC.

Yeah, they could do it like the WEC did for Sonnen vs Filho 2 or it could be like Halsey vs Grove, hopefully they both make weight and we won't have to find out.

Joe, you don’t even know what an olympian is, do you.

<36>

Imagine if Cejudo misses weight and beats TJ.
No 125lb champion.

Dana would literally cream himself. That is a wet dream for him.
"Well...we have no champ. Guess we better scrap the division..."

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. I might have weighed 135 as a 13 year old, and that's pushing it.
I was 165 at 15 years old and I was fairly skinny. I can't even think going down to 135 from there.

Benavidez is on the card in case anyone misses weight.. he will step in for the title fight.

TJ wins a belt for a division thats being cut anyways and Henry gets the weight/health advantage plus a win over the snake for his move to 135. Brilliant.

Then the fight wouldn't be for the belt and TJ couldn't become a double-champ. A very underhanded yet effective tactic!

<seedat>
If that happened Cejudo would vacate and TJ would still be eligible to win the vacant belt.

At least that is the way it has been done in boxing, also that is how Pettis vs Max for interim FW title went down.

Though by that logic Somnen should have become WEC champ by beating Paulo Fihlo...

Back