Joe Martinez vs Bruce Buffer?

Still Holdin

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is there even a remote chance they compete? Or was he just a filler due to the dual cards 1-day apart? At first I was upset not to see Buffer and didn't like the guy off the bat, but he has a pretty good voice and really animates each fighter.

Yeah, Martinez seems to have the smoother and more consistent voice. I think Buffer's voice has gotten rough over the years and you'll notice it more the later into an event he goes.

I'm not saying I prefer one over the other, but those are my observations.

Buffer isnt very good. He has a cool personality but his voice is nowhere near good enough for his current job.

Martinez had that smooth Michael Buffer style, really got me ready to see these wars.

There is a 0.1% chance Buffer is replaced, and that .1% is the possibly he dies in some freak accident. So no, it ain't happening.

joe martinez is awesome. Every wec fight was great, the commentating was fantastic and the announcing was great. I really miss those wec cards a lot.

I prefer this new guy tbh, never really liked Buffer.

IMO they are the 2 best announcers in mma. Buffer will always be the "voice" of the Octagon, but Martinez was a good replacement and he did a good job.

No way, Buffer is the greatest. This guy did a good job, but no

UFC should stick with Joe Martinez for the TUF and Fight Nights. I love his work he did for WEC. Was perfect

I like them both.

One thing though...when Martinez calls a nickname...it doesn't sound as ridiculous. :D

I was hoping Joe would get to call Faber's name at least one more time though.

I love how he does it.

Is Joe the reason so many fights were so exciting?

Definitely got a little WEC nostalgia last night.

joe martinez is awesome. Every wec fight was great, the commentating was fantastic and the announcing was great. I really miss those wec cards a lot.

I basically came in to say this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it. Seeing Joe last night reminded me how much I miss WEC

I like that Buffer has been possessed by the Pride lady lately. I prefer the rough, shout-like announcing ("It's... TIIIIIIME!") for MMA over the smooth Martinez. Both great though.

Back