Joe Lauzon vs Marcin Held, Biggest MMA Robbery ever?

View attachment 731111
GSP vs Hendicks has by far been the biggest robbery in combat sports, and this is coming from a GSP fan.

Uhh....

180218-silverman-olympic-fix-lede_kyrvtw

EDIT: MMA has absolutely nothing on the corruption in boxing as well as the olympics.

This video is a good example.

Bisping-Hamill
Rashad-Bisping
Condit-Ellenberger
Diego-Kampmann
Diego-Pearson
GSP-Hendricks
Machida-Shogun I

View attachment 731111
GSP vs Hendicks has by far been the biggest robbery in combat sports, and this is coming from a GSP fan.
i disagree. Just because gsp had visible damage from the 2 rounds he lost doesnt mean the didnt edge out the other 3 rounds. Its like with jones people are used to them dominating so anytime its competitive people automatically look at it as if they are getting whooped and no longer watch it objectively. This is hardly the worst ever as multiple rounds were close

No .
1.its MMA media
2.look at the fight, not the biggest robbery ever.
Ts being a little dramatic, probably hasn't watched the fight and just went on the media scorecards lmao

Not even close to the robbery you're making out. GSP clearly won rounds 3 and 5. Without doubt. The first round is debatable as Hendricks landed with those side-to-the-head elbows that staggered GSP, but GSP landed a TD and controlled most of the round. Hendricks clearly won rounds 2 & 4. It was the first round that was a toss up. GSP looked a mess by the time the fight had finished, but damage isn't a scoring factor. And individual rounds make up the final result, not evaluating the fight as a whole.

There were two fights on the last PPV that were waaaaay more controversial. One judge actually gave Jones 4 rounds to 1. Which is just insane.
totally agree. anytime a dominant champ gets tested every1 overeacts because they arent used to seeing them take any shots

totally agree. anytime a dominant champ gets tested every1 overeacts because they arent used to seeing them take any shots
I also agree with your point - the Jones/Reyes fight for example. I thought Reyes dominated Jones up until the fifth round, but watching it again I have changed my tune a little. I still think Reyes won rounds 1-3, but he wasn't as dominant as I remembered watching it the first time. You just never see Jones on the defense and getting tagged like that, which kind of bursts their aura of invincibility and sways your judgement. The same thing happened with me with the GSP/Hendricks fight. I thought robbery at first because you never see GSP get shutdown in rounds. On rewatching, I can see why it was scored for GSP.

I think we all kind of forget that these GOAT candidates are still human and will go through adversity on occasion. Maybe even lose. Fedor, Aldo, Silva....they were all shocking loses at the time, but they went on to lose or have close fights after. Everyone gets figured out eventually and/or loses a step.

Bisping-Hamill
Rashad-Bisping
Condit-Ellenberger

Diego-Kampmann
Diego-Pearson
GSP-Hendricks
Machida-Shogun I
Some of these were far from robberies. If a fight is close, whoever wins isn't robbing anyone. It's just a close fight.

No it wasn’t, round 1 was a toss up
I need to watch this back at some stage. I can't remember the exact rounds, but I had it 2-2 going into the 5th (GSP narrowly scraping two of them, Big Rigg winning two decisively). This was back in the days when a 10-8 would only be scored in the case of an actual murder. So, 38-38.

Hendricks then coasted round 5 and threw it all away

I also agree with your point - the Jones/Reyes fight for example. I thought Reyes dominated Jones up until the fifth round, but watching it again I have changed my tune a little. I still think Reyes won rounds 1-3, but he wasn't as dominant as I remembered watching it the first time. You just never see Jones on the defense and getting tagged like that, which kind of bursts their aura of invincibility and sways your judgement. The same thing happened with me with the GSP/Hendricks fight. I thought robbery at first because you never see GSP get shutdown in rounds. On rewatching, I can see why it was scored for GSP.

I think we all kind of forget that these GOAT candidates are still human and will go through adversity on occasion. Maybe even lose. Fedor, Aldo, Silva....they were all shocking loses at the time, but they went on to lose or have close fights after. Everyone gets figured out eventually and/or loses a step.
yep exactly. and yea its crazy. jon has been fighting so long guys can watch hours of tape on him all day long

Defo was a bad one. Feel bad for held, his ufc run wasn't what I expected.

One decision which always irked me was nick catone against Tom Watson. Tom very much picked catone apart on the feet for the majority, catone only was able to wall and stall and somehow they said he won.

I won over 14k on that lauzon held card ...thank God for bad judging

Back