• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joe Joyce vs Zhang 2 September 23rd

Unfortunately it would. Unless Zhang pays him step-aside money in order to fight Fury first.

Hopefully he's working on avoiding that jab.
It wasn't the jab that jacked Joyce's eye though it was repeated straight left hands. Zhang would set it up with the jab at times but not always. Other times he'd simply slip outside and fire it as a lead down the pipe. Joyce needs to try and avoid whatever Zhang throws at him but that's the opposite of how he usually fights. He's never been defensively responsible and has always looked like a punching bag in there.

I thought Joyce was coming on when the first one was stopped. He just needs to get off to a quicker start in this one.

I thought Joyce was coming on when the first one was stopped. He just needs to get off to a quicker start in this one.

I'm interested in seeing a rematch. I think Joyce deserves it for taking such a tough stay busy fight.
Don't get me wrong I'd like to see a rematch too just not before Zhang fights Fury. But, for now it appears that's what we're getting an immediate rematch. If not they might work out a step-aside deal. It wouldn't be difficult seeing that they're all stablemates. Warren promotes all 3 of them. I guess we'll see what happens.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see a rematch too just not before Zhang fights Fury. But, for now it appears that's what we're getting an immediate rematch. If not they might work out a step-aside deal. It wouldn't be difficult seeing that they're all stablemates. Warren promotes all 3 of them. I guess we'll see what happens.

Zhang - Fury is just talk at this point. Fury and his promoter talk a lot without following through. Every negotiation besides the fight of the century Chisora II was just hot air for months now. I really wouldnt put much into these rumours. Much better getting Joyce -Zhang II which will be an interesting fight of two boxers actually interested in fighting.

I expect Joyce to make the necessary adaption to get into the second half of the fight to then turn it up when Zhangs cardio goes down. A lot more defensive the first half and then attack.

Last edited:
Much more interesting than a Zhang-Fury fight in my book.

Zhang - Fury is just talk at this point. Fury and his promoter talk a lot without following through. Every negotiation besides the fight of the century Chisora II was just hot air for months now. I really wouldnt put much into these rumours. Much better getting Joyce -Zhang II which will be an interesting fight of two boxers actually interested in fighting.

I expect Joyce to make the necessary adaption to get into the second half of the fight to then turn it up when Zhangs cardio goes down. A lot more defensive the first half and then attack.
Anytime we're dealing with Fury things are never certain. That said Zhang would be his most logical opponent not named Usyk or Joshua who he refuses to fight. He beat Joyce who Fury reportedly wanted to fight after the Usyk fight fell apart. Allegedly Fury and Zhang were to meet in July at Wembley. Now that isn't likely to happen because Zhang will have to fight Joyce again.

Joyce may be able to drag Zhang into deep waters but he'll need to actually move his head a little this time around. If not he'll risk having his face busted up a second time. Zhang will likely target that eye again. He actually hurt Joyce, wobbled him, last time with a well-placed straight left to the chin so I don't think Joyce will be quite as confident going in this time around. He'll know Zhang can not only hurt him but even potentially stop him. Joyce has the tools and the stamina to beat him but he needs to fight smart. Blocking punches with his face won't suffice. Zhang packs too much pop and is too accurate for Joyce to eat every shot thrown at him.

I'm interested in seeing a rematch. I think Joyce deserves it for taking such a tough stay busy fight.

i must be misremembering the fight then. i thought zhang just blasted him with the left straight at will after like the 2nd round. he didn't even need to set it up, just kept throwing it over and over and landed every damn time.

not that the rematch can't go any other way, but joyce isn't exactly at a point in his career where he's likely to make significant changes.

i must be misremembering the fight then. i thought zhang just blasted him with the left straight at will after like the 2nd round. he didn't even need to set it up, just kept throwing it over and over and landed every damn time.

not that the rematch can't go any other way, but joyce isn't exactly at a point in his career where he's likely to make significant changes.
That's how it went. Yeah. Zhang just kept shooting the straight left and couldn't miss with it. Joyce was starting to do better as the fight progressed as Zhang was slowing down but the damage was already done.

That's how it went. Yeah. Zhang just kept shooting the straight left and couldn't miss with it. Joyce was starting to do better as the fight progressed as Zhang was slowing down but the damage was already done.

Right, thats why I said he needed to start earlier. Once he started working, he was doing fine. The problem was he didn't really start working for a few rounds and had already taken a bunch of punches.

Right, thats why I said he needed to start earlier. Once he started working, he was doing fine. The problem was he didn't really start working for a few rounds and had already taken a bunch of punches.
He definitely has to start faster and actually bother to defend against those straight lefts in particular. Even if he just took away that one shot it would've likely been the difference maker. When Joyce was the one on the front foot Zhang wasn't nearly as effective. I don't think Joyce will press as hard while he's still fresh but when Zhang is running on fumes that's when he'll really turn it up. By about the halfway mark or so Joyce should be able to take control of the fight.

It wasn't the jab that jacked Joyce's eye though it was repeated straight left hands. Zhang would set it up with the jab at times but not always. Other times he'd simply slip outside and fire it as a lead down the pipe. Joyce needs to try and avoid whatever Zhang throws at him but that's the opposite of how he usually fights. He's never been defensively responsible and has always looked like a punching bag in there.
I mostly meant if he's going to take an immediate rematch I hope he's working on something different here.

Joyce can't magically become Mayweather for the first 6 rounds.

Back