Jock Itch and Atheletes Foot Remedies...

Laser Brains

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've got a terrible case of Jock Itch on the inside of my left thigh. It's been there for a while but usually pretty mild because I would occasionally (and very successfully) treat it with Lamisil. Lamisil worked great at first (I didn't follow the instructions correctly and always prematurely stopped using it at the first sign of it clearing up), and now Lamisil doesn't work at all. Right now its really bad, very scaley with cracking and some bleeding. I'm afraid that I've used Lamisil incorrectly for so long that my fungus has learned to adapt to it. What can I do? What else is there? Any suggestions?

Laser Brains said:
I've got a terrible case of Jock Itch on the inside of my left thigh. It's been there for a while but usually pretty mild because I would occasionally (and very successfully) treat it with Lamisil. Lamisil worked great at first (I didn't follow the instructions correctly and always prematurely stopped using it at the first sign of it clearing up), and now Lamisil doesn't work at all. Right now its really bad, very scaley with cracking and some bleeding. I'm afraid that I've used Lamisil incorrectly for so long that my fungus has learned to adapt to it. What can I do? What else is there? Any suggestions?

Bad news man, you are going to have to go ask your doctor for some Valtrex.....
......Just kidding..... Try an extra strenght topical fungal creme, maybe even see a doctor for one, but you do have to stay with the treament for the full course. I've heard of some crazy remedies to treat athletes foot, like using mouthwash on the fungal area. An old army trick to relieve athlete's foot was to urinate on your bare feet, it works well, but i dont know if it would have the same effect on jock itch. good luck

Laser Brains said:

You probably should go and see a doctor. I had bad jock itch one time and used all the otc stuff and it didn't work. I finally went to the doctor and he gave me a creme and a pill he said had steroids in it. My jock itch was gone pretty fast after that.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll probably wait before I go see a doctor being that I'm broke and have no insurance. Any other suggestions?

Back