Jiu jitsu Tournaments

Headache

White Belt
Reaction score
Where do I find info on them to compete? Is there a contest link anywhere? Thanks

Ask your instructor.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
So compete in UFC. I'm sure you'd kick everyone's asses.

They won't let me. They are afraid I will literally kill someone in the right with Dim Mak.

So, what you are telling me is...the only way I can find a link on the internet for tourneys is to ask my instructor?I would think there would be some on the internet somewhere. How about this, I will look around on the internet and when I find some I will let you know and my instructor too.LOL

Headache said:
So, what you are telling me is...the only way I can find a link on the internet for tourneys is to ask my instructor?I would think there would be some on the internet somewhere. How about this, I will look around on the internet and when I find some I will let you know and my instructor too.LOL

No, it is just not very organized.

http://www.bjj.org/tournaments/bjj.html

There are some. Your instructor will have a better feel of tournaments that will be in the local area.

google BJJ tournament or sub grappling tournament or look on NAGA's website. north american grappling Association.

The best way to find about tournaments is to know lots of instructors. Lots of schools host tournaments as a way of raising money. The instructors often call each other with the details of their tournaments under a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back" theory. I compete a lot around here mainly to test myself and learn new things. I also meet a lot of instructors. When I visit and train at their places afterward, I learn about their upcomming tournaments. In America there are also the big famous ones like NAGA, Grapplers Quest, Gracie Nationals, and others. Other regions have their own tournaments. Not to mention ADCC. However, your instructor will probably know about them as well. Good luck finding a place!

Grapplers.com has information on most of Brian Cimins tournaments anywhere in the US (like Grapplers Quest)

GrapplingTournaments.com has general information (as well as event packages and online registration forms) for most no-gi and bjj tournaments. You wont find EVERYTHING on either of these sites, but there are alot of tournaments that do get advertised here.

onthemat.com has an event calander too.

any socal tourneys coming up in jan/feb? big, small, i don't care. i finally have some free time and lookin to spank some fools..

http://www.grapplersleague.com/

Seriosuly, check that site out. They are running a tournament in Wake Forest, NC next weekend. There will be gi and no gi. If you need the scope on tournaments in the area, just ask me. I pretty much keep up with everything going on in NC and SC. Try to make it out to the tournament. I think there was a tournament today actully. King of The Hill (Gi Only) tournament \ here in NC. I dont do gi right now though (waiting to get my new gi for x-mas!). Plus there are 2 big tournaments coming up in January in NC. One being the Budweiser World Cup (I MUST GO TO EVENT) and the other being Showdown in D-Town (Its in Durham...lol). If I see anymore coming up, i'll let you know.

Back