Jiu Jitsu in Vacaville Ca?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by The_Banger, Aug 8, 2016.

1. The_Banger

The_Banger Downcast Thought Leader

It's been a while and I'm looking to train again. That said, I used to attend classes at the Fabio Prado location in Vacaville/Fairfield. That location has closed evidently. The website now forwards to an instagram account that hasn't been updated in nearly a year... So now I'm not sure where to go. I'd prefer Vacaville and not Dixon or Fairfield. Any suggestions?

2. JustTheTip

JustTheTip Green Belt

Best bet is Vallejo. Not sure if he still teaches there but George (Cesar Gracie Brown Belt) is an excellent teacher and was at Knuckle Up. I can ask him if he still teaches there if you are interested.

3. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

There is jack shit in Vacaville. I'd go to Dixon in a heartbeat if I were you.

4. Was at Pride GP 2000

Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

5. gatsby5555

gatsby5555 Yellow Belt

I train there currently. His Vacaville location moved to Dixon. Only adds a couple minutes to the drive since the gym is right off the exit. Lots of guys from base come out there.

6. Was at Pride GP 2000

Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

You are lucky. I met him at a restaurant in Sac. My kid was wearing a Brazil soccer jersey. He came up talked to us. Didn't realize who it was. Then it hit me and we talked for a long time. We know a lot of the same people for the jiu jitsu world. Was super nice to my family. Probably helped my wife was speaking to him in Portuguese. Super cool guy and really good at jiu jitsu

7. gatsby5555

gatsby5555 Yellow Belt

Super friendly dude. Trains the guys up at Alpha Male too, super legit. Cracks lots of jokes during rolls too... 'your guard like I-80, everybody pass"