Jiu Jitsu Gi

Sprawla007

White Belt
Reaction score
I am currently looking at jj gi's they seem pricey to me, i like the koral gi's but are a little expensive. The fuji gi is more in my price range. Is there much of a difference in quality between the gi's or doesn't it really matter. Can anyone recommend a good cheap gi, thanks

I like the Fuji really well, actually. If there is a quality gap between it and e.g. Atama, it's nowhere near what the difference in price is.

i THINK the next tier up after fuji would be sirius or padillas and son

The only reasonable answer for a beginner -Green Fire Gi!

bjk-027_1.jpg

All gi's will be pricey. I love the Fuji gi, but I also have had a gi that was only 100 dollars no patches or decor of course and it has lasted me 7 years. All depends on what you are willing to spend.

He's even got the douchey hair to go with the gi.

he wears that gi while watching dragonballZ.

anyway, good cheap ones include HCK and padilla and sons.

korals are good, but a mkm will run just under 200.

i like keiko and the summer ones are like 130

summer gis are cheaper than the doubleweaves

Padilla and Sons:
Padilla & Sons Kimonos

This was my first Gi and only Gi for about 9 months. Used it every time I rolled until I picked up 2 more Atamas. It served me well. I got the Gold Weave which was real soft and sturdy.

The only problem I had was the cut, but apparently Joe has reworked the cut so it fits less like a Judo Gi and more like a BJJ Gi.

I would suggest a P&S

i was originally going to go for the koral light but the other day, i tried on the sinister gi and i think i am in love.

i'm not a big fan of patches so the clean design of the sinister really appealed to me.

i was originally going to go for the koral light but the other day, i tried on the sinister gi and i think i am in love.

i'm not a big fan of patches so the clean design of the sinister really appealed to me.

Though one thing you have to love about the Koral Light (or Korals in general) is the ability to machine dry it, especially if you need a quick turnaround.

Though one thing you have to love about the Koral Light (or Korals in general) is the ability to machine dry it, especially if you need a quick turnaround.

interesting...and there's no shrinkage at all? or very minimal at that?

right now i wash and air dry my gis at night after class and they are usually ready to go the next day

interesting...and there's no shrinkage at all? or very minimal at that?

right now i wash and air dry my gis at night after class and they are usually ready to go the next day

Correct. All Korals are pre-shrunk.

I've had success air drying as well, but sometimes humidity or procrastination would bite me. Or those rare occasions I'd do the 0530 class.

It does make sizing more critical, as you can't count on the "shrink to fit" "feature".

Correct. All Korals are pre-shrunk.

I've had success air drying as well, but sometimes humidity or procrastination would bite me. Or those rare occasions I'd do the 0530 class.

It does make sizing more critical, as you can't count on the "shrink to fit" "feature".

do you have an mkm by any chance?

and are koral preshrunk and do not shrink?

sometimes preshrunk shrinks according to "them"

? should i do any actual work at work today?

Esum80- I have a black mkm and wasin about getting a sinister gi in blue. Is the sinister gi lighter ? Heavier ? Could u elabortae more?

i recently purchased a Submission Fight Company Gi. I saw them advertising here on Sherdog. It's pretty cheap and so far I loike it. I own a couple of Koral Gis and the SubmissionFc Gi is of similar quality

do you have an mkm by any chance?

and are koral preshrunk and do not shrink?

sometimes preshrunk shrinks according to "them"

? should i do any actual work at work today?

No, but everybody I know personally that own them swear by them. I just have a Koral Light, and love it.

Nobody I talk to that has a Koral has had any (gi) shrinkage. Koral preshrunk is actual preshrunk.

And not sure. It helps pass the time, sometimes.

fujis are a cheap and well made gi, mine is still going strong after two years in my gi rotation, padilla and sons are more money but well worth it, excellent gi aqnd still $50-60 cheaper than other high quality gis

fujis are a cheap and well made gi, mine is still going strong after two years in my gi rotation, padilla and sons are more money but well worth it, excellent gi aqnd still $50-60 cheaper than other high quality gis

I can attest to the Fuji being a good gi for the price. Padilla and sons gi's are a bit too tight for me.

Back