Jiu Jitsu Battle: Mike Liera Jr vs Edwin Najmi

Edwin Najmi getting subbed by a triangle, oh the irony...

I like the both, but Liera looks to be on just a different level. He placed third at worlds, he shouldn't even be a purple belt.

Edwin will learn from it and come back stronger. That kid's a class act.

Great match. Congrats to both guys. Edwin did a great job of defending once his guard was passed. Liera seems to like that reverse triangle from the topside armbar posish...will have to try that.

Edwin Najmi getting subbed by a triangle, oh the irony...

I like the both, but Liera looks to be on just a different level. He placed third at worlds, he shouldn't even be a purple belt.

He lost by kneebar in the purple belt division

Let's face it, these guys might as well be black belts

He lost by kneebar in the purple belt division

weird angle, still looks like inverted triangle to me. didn't see any pressure on the knee, other than him grabbing it to gain leverage for the triangle. at least, thats how i usually get tapped by one of my training partners that uses that same set up.

could be wrong though, gotta ask Liera or Najmi to know for sure.

weird angle, still looks like inverted triangle to me. didn't see any pressure on the knee, other than him grabbing it to gain leverage for the triangle. at least, thats how i usually get tapped by one of my training partners that uses that same set up.

could be wrong though, gotta ask Liera or Najmi to know for sure.

I think he meant he lost by an illegal kneebar at the worlds, thus he couldve placed higher. It definetly looked like a kneebar to me at the Worlds.

I like watching both of these guys. Thanks for the video TS, I know you're a Najmi fan.

I think he meant he lost by an illegal kneebar at the worlds, thus he couldve placed higher. It definetly looked like a kneebar to me at the Worlds.

You're right, I misread that sorry

Browns sure, but not blacks, not yet anyway.

this guys will beat the shit out of most hobbiest blacks, I will go as far as to say they even know a shit more than some blacks (not the ones coming straight from brazil though, but there are tons of guys getting their blacks in countries where bjj isnt that big for lots of things but knowledge or skills)...

in the competitive circuit, they probably will do well up to the brown division...

this guys will beat the shit out of most hobbiest blacks, I will go as far as to say they even know a shit more than some blacks (not the ones coming straight from brazil though, but there are tons of guys getting their blacks in countries where bjj isnt that big for lots of things but knowledge or skills)...

in the competitive circuit, they probably will do well up to the brown division...

Just going off my own experience of rolling against those that have trained/rolled/competed against these two. Based off their performance against them and my performance against those that have rolled against these two, I feel pretty comfortable in saying that they are at a brown belt level. Still a complement from me, that they are above the belt level they are currently in.

there are different standards for belts for competitive guys and belts for casual guys. i would bet that the top comp teams do this.

the problem is, that some purple belt who trains a few times a week will cry because the purples at mundials would destroy them. they just can't think, well, maybe i should do local comps instead of the top comps in the world.

but yeah, andre doesn't know how to grade his students. Let's get a petition to get Liera promoted to brown belt and send it to andre so he can wipe his ass with it.

Half the people at the Worlds honestly know they shouldn't be there. Really in blue/purple there is only a small handful of guys that can actually win. However people shouldn't whine about them etc... But like someone above said should stick to smaller tournaments.

Back