Jiri Prochazka vs. Brandon Halsey

Halsey is one of the biggest front runners in MMA, no heart. He tried to quit in this fight multiple times

I remember the days Hasley was the man to dethrone Weidman, it such a shame how he have fallen

Halsey is an obvious case.
I've talked about it before recently, I knew a guy who went to high school with Halsey, said that PEDs had been a thing for the guy since he was an underclassman. Was not a fan of the guy, said he's always been an asshole, but was not surprised that he has found a degree of success as a fighter.

I've talked about it before recently, I knew a guy who went to high school with Halsey, said that PEDs had been a thing for the guy since he was an underclassman. Was not a fan of the guy, said he's always been an asshole, but was not surprised that he has found a degree of success as a fighter.

I loved his fight in RIZIN..he came out looking like a pro wrestler and fought like one..utilizing the ropes to his advantage, simulating being hurt...just pure entertainment..never seen anyone take so quickly to a new ruleset..IMO he has a future in Japan as a roidhead cheating heel

Perhaps Halsey isn't in this sport for the right reason these days? US wrestler and former Bellator MW title holder probably gets a guy good money in Russia and Japan I would assume?
Now mind you I haven't watched his last few fights but he looked for more than one way out of this fight I feel....interesting too see what is next for him.

I loved his fight in RIZIN..he came out looking like a pro wrestler and fought like one..utilizing the ropes to his advantage, simulating being hurt...just pure entertainment..never seen anyone take so quickly to a new ruleset..IMO he has a future in Japan as a roidhead cheating heel
I kinda had the same thought, he looked like a pro wrestler. The first time he went through the ropes his ankle got caught, but I'm certain the second time he was stalling bc he needed some air. He took the fight short notice, I don't think he was ready for a fight halfway around the world. He did use the ropes to his advantage though, and I can't really blame him, considering the circumstances. I'd say too that he actually held his own against a guy I thought would KO him in under three mins, and had chances to win.

He should stay in Japan. He really seems to fit in there, as you said. He can juice all he wants, wear his wrestling shoes, and looks the part as a guy the fans there might find interesting. And, who knows? He may actually have a future in pro wrestling there.

Halsey looking juicy af.

He either gets it done quick or folds and quits. His two fights against Schlemenko say a lot about his skill set and (lack of) threshold for pain.

Really good fight. Jiri continues his winning streak. Would be a war if he could ever fight Bader.

Halsey really turned into a bust.

Jiri won by TKO 5 or 6 times.

This fight showed his absolute lack of defensive grappling though.

It was an embarrassing fight.

giphy.gif

I have no nostalgia for fights in the ring. It should be a dq if you jump out to escape damage/fighting.

Halsey intentionally jumped out of the ring. The fight was an embarrassment.

I remember the days Hasley was the man to dethrone Weidman, it such a shame how he have fallen
That just the retarded clueless embarrassing world wide MMA forum expert analysis.
Do you remember Zaromskis is on GSP's level or better. Aoki>>>Frankie Edgar. Lombard is the one to dethrone Anderson.

Jiri needs to calm his approach at times, and not take so many unnecessary risks.

That just the retarded clueless embarrassing world wide MMA forum expert analysis.
Do you remember Zaromskis is on GSP's level or better. Aoki>>>Frankie Edgar. Lombard is the one to dethrone Anderson.
Halsey was on such a tear. Hell... maybe he could beat today's Weidman lol.

Aoki would likely lose to Edgar but the Aoki who fought Eddie Alvarez is still one of the greatest 155'ers to fight on this planet.

Lombard's UFC run was just a mystifying disaster.

Back