Jiri Prochazka looks to fight

Per his twitter. I looked into all the up and coming cards and couldn't find any suitable fights outside of an alternate for the LHW title fight. Maybe an alternate for the OSP fight or ever an Ankelev or Rakic fight.

Your thoughts on a possible opponent or what he should do.

View attachment 861989
I think that most of u missunderstanded this tweet.... Jiri most likely just hinted that he is confirmed as backup for Blachowicz-Teixeira. I also heard that UFC is very interested in what the pandemic situation/restrictions will be in Poland in November to December.

Per his twitter. I looked into all the up and coming cards and couldn't find any suitable fights outside of an alternate for the LHW title fight. Maybe an alternate for the OSP fight or ever an Ankelev or Rakic fight.

Your thoughts on a possible opponent or what he should do.

View attachment 861989
I'd love to see him fight Rakic.

A few weeks ago, he was the talk of the MMA world, but it seems like he’s already pretty much been forgotten. This is the first time I’ve seen Jiri’s name in weeks.

He’s ranked #2 in the division, so I assume he’s next in line for the title after Jan-Glover. No way he fights OSP, who’s not even ranked. Hate to see his star fizzle out so quickly, but I’m guessing he’ll sit until he gets a title shot, which again I’m sure will be next.

Dude gets hit wayy to much.

No one has forgotten him at all.
He has been active saying first he wanted to maybe take 6 months off,but then he has said he possibly will be an alternate in the glover/jan fight

What more is there to say? we have to wait,for the most electifying fighter in sports entertainment

Blachowicz said in an interview earlier this week that he viewed Jiri, Rakic, and Ankalaev as potential next opponents should he get past Glover.

He mentioned Rakic & Jiri fighting to solidify a #1 contender.

Obviously the champion does not get to choose his opponent, but it sounds as though there has been nothing formal solidifying Jiri as next in line; as suspected that was just a catchy headline some MMA media picked up and put in Jiris head through countless interviews.

What he should do is wait for a title fight tbh, the UFC will gladly give it to him because of his fighting style.

Work on his ground game and become a better martial artist in the meantime.

What not to do is fight another top 5 contender who is more than capable of hurting you given your fighting style. Sometimes the best thing to do is wait, we all know Jiri comes to bang so his hype will be there after Jan vs Glover.

This is coming from someone who was high on Jiri years ago and has predicted him to be future champ, the best move is to sit tight.

Blachowicz said in an interview earlier this week that he viewed Jiri, Rakic, and Ankalaev as potential next opponents should he get past Glover.

Obviously the champion does not get to choose his opponent, but it sounds as though there has been nothing formal solidifying Jiri as next in line; as suspected that was just a catchy headline some MMA media picked up and put in Jiris head through countless interviews.
I mean nothing's guaranteed,but one has to think he is either the closest,or pretty damn close. We will see. We dont know what UFC is telling anyone exactly behind closed doors.

I have to say that if Jan can somehow get by all these cats,he is def someone to be feared.

some MMA media picked up? Keep trying... Dana White said it and he also said that he is open to do Jan vs Jiri in NOV-DEC, in Poland (Unofficial info)....but Jan seems to be hesitating with accepting Jiri as backup and future opponent.

Also Jiri vs Rakic would be nice if Jan dont wanna fight Jiri, but they should book it fast as possible....there is no time to waste.

some MMA media picked up? Keep trying... Dana White said it and he also said that he is open to do Jan vs Jiri in NOV-DEC, in Poland (Unofficial info)....but Jan seems to be hesitating with accepting Jiri as backup and future opponent.

Also Jiri vs Rakic would be nice if Jan dont wanna fight Jiri, but they should book it fast as possible....there is no time to waste.

No. Look up the video of him making the statement.

Dana White was asked prior to Prochazka/Reyes whether the winner would become the number one contender and he said something to the effect of "Sure that makes sense"

Dana was not paying attention to what the reporter was asking him because in no world was Dominick Reyes had he defeated Jiri going to be next in line. There has been nothing said by Dana about Jiri becoming the number one contender after he had defeated Reyes; the comments were made entirely before the bout took place.

Also, where did Dana say he was open to doing Jan/Jiri in November/December? I dont believe Dana has uttered Jiris name in a press conference since before his fight with Reyes took place, so if you have a source provide it.

Last edited:
Also, where did Dana say he was open to doing Jan/Jiri in November/December? I dont believe Dana has uttered Jiris name in a press conference since before his fight with Reyes took place, so if you have a source provide it.
Jiri said that nothing is confirmed but Dana White is opened to it and would like to make it happen, and i doubt that Jiri was lying (I think it was in interview which HHJ shared, but iam not sure and dont have time to rewatch 1 hour long interview.). Also his coach was interviewed few times and openly said that there are negotations about title fight...

Also dont forget that Jiri is fighter which have potential to headline events in Japan (He have tons of fans over there.) and thats one of many reasons why Dana White is pushing Jiri to title fight.

A few weeks ago, he was the talk of the MMA world, but it seems like he’s already pretty much been forgotten. This is the first time I’ve seen Jiri’s name in weeks.

He’s ranked #2 in the division, so I assume he’s next in line for the title after Jan-Glover. No way he fights OSP, who’s not even ranked. Hate to see his star fizzle out so quickly, but I’m guessing he’ll sit until he gets a title shot, which again I’m sure will be next.

Forgotten are you serious? You must be trolling of course. It's like anything in the news, you talk about what's new that's happened. Jiri will be talked about if there is a fight set up for him or something else comes up. But for now whatever new is usually the topic at hand. Just like the Max Holloway/Rodriguez fight being postponed, those are headline news. It's just part of the news cycle, Jiri will be talked about again very soon.

What are you talking about?

I think that most of u missunderstanded this tweet.... Jiri most likely just hinted that he is confirmed as backup for Blachowicz-Teixeira. I also heard that UFC is very interested in what the pandemic situation/restrictions will be in Poland in November to December.

I haven't heard anything about him being a back-up but that is what I assumed when I read the tweet. I mean the only other title eliminator would possibly be a Rakic fight, but it makes more sense for him to wait for that violence.

<{JustBleed}>

I haven't heard anything about him being a back-up but that is what I assumed when I read the tweet. I mean the only other title eliminator would possibly be a Rakic fight, but it makes more sense for him to wait for that violence.

<{JustBleed}>
They wanted to do title eliminator with Jiri vs Rakic when Jiri was #5 and Rakic #4 - fight was offered by UFC but Rakic refused to fight Jiri -

Rakic have lot of contacts in Czech and recording to them he regrets his words and was "pushed" by his team and coaches to trashtalk....but still its pathetic to call Jiri out now.

Back