Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

They all hyped her up to be the GOAT of all combat sports, man or woman, so it didn't really surprise me at all that it went to her head.

I bet her career would've been a lot longer if not for all the people hyping her up as invincible. She eventually started to believe that BS as well, and clearly stopped progressing as a fighter.

that has nothing to do with the sanity of Ronda. that's a Hawaiian thing.
It’s the length that’s the problem, not the origin. Hawaiian names average around 6 letters. If it was Romanian or Hispanic with 16 letters I would’ve said the same thing.

Crisis fuckin averted

Lol. I was agreeing with you boss but surely you can see how a name like that while being just a tiny % ethnic Hawaiian is a little cringe? It's a free country Charlie Brown but it does come off like a rich white kid flex.

It’s the length that’s the problem, not the origin. Hawaiian names average around 6 letters. If it was Romanian or Hispanic with 16 letters I would’ve said the same thing.

i don't know where you get the averages from but it's not uncommon for Hawaiians to have really long names. first and/or middle names especially.

So you had nothing, but still decided to go and ineptly bring race into it?

You're a fucking idiot.
"It's not about race! I just think white people names are the default and normal and non white names are not normal"

Swing and a miss again.

She is the textbook definition of a psychopath (artificial charm, defensive to criticism, inability to admit guilt, lack of empathy, impulsive). To make matters worst alot of psychos also have either depression or anxiety so it makes it even harder to be around them
I think this is ironically what made her such a good fighter in the beginning. I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with her upbringing, like maybe the career in judo kept her from socializing with kids her age in the middle school and high school years. And those flaws in her personality just never got the chance to work themselves out.

Jimmy has always come off to me as pretty non drama and down to Earth from what I've seen of him and the one time I was able to interact with him in person. Just shows how much of a bitch Ronda is. Not surprising at all, she was classless in victory and in losses, and from what I read disliked in WWE as well.
If it came from anyone else, I would chalk it up to him exaggerating what maybe one person backstage said. But he's never been known to do that, and he deals with fighters 24/7.

I followed Ronda before she got to the UFC. I was a bit of a fan.

I watched her season of TUF with Tate, and I immediately realized she was a WORLD CLASS asshole and bully.

Every moment there after she proved she was a POS.
Same here. At one point, she was one of my favorite fighters-- her and Nick Diaz. I used to watch every one of their fights in Strikeforce and debate everybody who said that Cyborg would beat her. Had she not run from Cyborg back then, we might have been robbed of the headlock moment against Holm. She probably would have quit a lot earlier.

IDRGAF how good or bad Ronda Rousey is as a person, it has literally zero impact on my life in any way shape or form.

This thread is entertaining as hell though. Between the sherchiatrists and shercologists, and some who have clearly just been hurt deeply by a woman, the diatribes are really something lol.

Reactions: kuf
Why is there like a million threads about Ronda these past few days? You would think she announced a comeback or something.
People stuck in the past, similar to pre UFC300 when everyone was making their retired fighter fantasy card picks.

Imagine if she decided to retire before the Holmes, fight, 100 yrs from now people still would've been talking about the mythical Ronda. We would've seen claims she could've beat all the male 135ers in the UFC, not just half

What? Jones is a self destructive egomaniac, but you can't tell me that Ronda's narcissism is the same variety as Jones's.

The key difference here is Jones is still winning his fights and has compiled an inarguable statement about how great he actually is, whereas Ronda was CLEARLY the benefactor of a bunch of overblown hype after being a medium sized fish in the tiny pond that was WMMA at the time.

The reason Ronda gets more hate, in this regard, is because she simply can not back it up like Jones has. Looking only at their MMA accomplishments, it's pretty easy to see the difference. And yet, Ronda is making excuses and whining about the fact her shitty behavior led people to dislike her. People tend to dislike narcissistic superiority complexes, but these are a bit easier to handle when the person actually is a GOAT, as Jones is. Ronda is doing whatever she can, invoking excuses and playing the victim, to defend this hallucination that she was some sort of freak athlete. Jones never got this push, at all - There aren't Rings magazines with Jones on the cover, asking if he's going to move into boxing and dominate now. There aren't commentators crying about how fantastic he is. There aren't videos of Jones throwing some of the sloppiest shadowboxing you've ever seen despite this simultaneous media push saying he's a "once-in-a-generation" fighter, is there?

You should expect people to push back on this. Just look at the "Once in a lifetime fighter" comment. Clearly not. The current stable of WMMA fighters would do well against prime Ronda. She'd certainly still be elite, but I don't think she'd be an undisputed dominant champion, or a once in a lifetime fighter. That was all inflated hype and Ronda is STILL running with it, making excuses for her losses. People don't like that.

This is nothing at all like Jones.
Jones has less of an ego than Ronda and Jones has more of a reason to have a bigger ego than Ronda. Ronda to this day refuses to admit that any fighter in history is better than her in any aspect of MMA. You can tell this by her words, how all of her fights went and how her career played out. She refused to change strategies or evolve her game. In reality, Holm and Nunes were entirely winnable fights for her. Holm got submitted by Tate. Nunes got submitted by Pena. Ronda couldn’t do what they did though because she thought she was too good to learn to wrestle (shoot doubles and singles), or fight with a plan under the assumption they had better striking than her.

Say what you want about Jones but I think he knows his limitations and fights/trains accordingly. Also, I’m pretty sure Jones gets more hate than Ronda, just for different reasons. Most people have forgotten about Ronda.

Let's face it, a confident woman who talks shit really rankles people to the extreme. It has nothing to do w modernity. This is fighting and this is the game. There is nothing wrong w her doing that.

No one is making threads about those guys even when nothing is going on w them.

Ronda Unfairly Maligned
Why didn’t people have this reaction to Alycia Baumgardner? Claressa Shields? Laila Ali? Cris Cyborg? Amanda Nunes? Ronda honestly didn’t even trash talk her opponents. She’s just delusional and arrogant to a degree that does not even come close to matching her accomplishments. She finds a way to have a problem with anyone who doesn’t worship her and cries about it.

IDRGAF how good or bad Ronda Rousey is as a person, it has literally zero impact on my life in any way shape or form.

This thread is entertaining as hell though. Between the sherchiatrists and shercologists, and some who have clearly just been hurt deeply by a woman, the diatribes are really something lol.

People stuck in the past, similar to pre UFC300 when everyone was making their retired fighter fantasy card picks.
Nothing that ever happens in MMA should have an effect on your life.
Ronda released a book that goes in depth on important moments in her MMA career. If she has the right to release it, the fans have the right to talk about it. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable to hear others opinions.

Jones has less of an ego than Ronda and Jones has more of a reason to have a bigger ego than Ronda. Ronda to this day refuses to admit that any fighter in history is better than her in any aspect of MMA. You can tell this by her words, how all of her fights went and how her career played out. She refused to change strategies or evolve her game. In reality, Holm and Nunes were entirely winnable fights for her. Holm got submitted by Tate. Nunes got submitted by Pena. Ronda couldn’t do what they did though because she thought she was too good to learn to wrestle (shoot doubles and singles), or fight with a plan under the assumption they had better striking than her.

Say what you want about Jones but I think he knows his limitations and fights/trains accordingly. Also, I’m pretty sure Jones gets more hate than Ronda, just for different reasons. Most people have forgotten about Ronda.

Why didn’t people have this reaction to Alycia Baumgardner? Claressa Shields? Laila Ali? Cris Cyborg? Amanda Nunes? Ronda honestly didn’t even trash talk her opponents. She’s just delusional and arrogant to a degree that does not even come close to matching her accomplishments. She finds a way to have a problem with anyone who doesn’t worship her and cries about it.
Tl/Dr

War ronda

And then
Actual champs who could box
Showed up
And took the belt
Forever

The division wasn't really any better after Ronda. Tate won the title after Ronda lost. Nunes came into her own but previously she had gotten finished by Cat Zingano right before she got subbed in 14 seconds by Ronda. Pennington just became champion and she was around in the Ronda era. Pena is still ranked number one today and she was on Ronda's season of TUF.

Back