Jim Lampley's "The Fight Game"

MeBig

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know that the personalities on these shows read teleprompters, which I'm fine with, but I think Lampley writes his own shit much too eloquently and, simply put, too wordy... as if he's writing a magazine article. Then he spews it out at such a high speed that it just sounds like he's on the verge of hyperventilating... it's not close to natural and quite annoying.

I have other thoughts that I'll get to as well, but I thought I'd put this one in writing before it escaped me again.

This show is garbage. The episode the other week was entirely based on Lampley and others doing their utmost to discredit JMM's victory and essentially accuse him of taking PED's. I have to laugh when Lampley describes the show as unbias, it's equally fueled with the HBO agenda as Lampley's commentary it's self.

more publicity for boxing the better....Lampley has his stupid moments but he is a true fan of the sport and has done more for boxing than most.

I have only watched it once and it was after the Pac robbery. Although I agree it was a robbery. Lampley pushes his own agendas way to hard.

This show is garbage. The episode the other week was entirely based on Lampley and others doing their utmost to discredit JMM's victory and essentially accuse him of taking PED's. I have to laugh when Lampley describes the show as unbias, it's equally fueled with the HBO agenda as Lampley's commentary it's self.

While he was targeting Marquez it's completely obvious that drug testing in boxing is a complete joke. The point where he brought up that once boxing starting using independent random drug testing that Peterson and Berto were immediately caught and that everybody stopped using independent random testing after that shows you something. Nevada only has a prefight and post fight test which if you ask anybody is a joke. Right now is like the Home Rum error in baseball where they didn't test for steroids and everybody was making money. Guys pissing hot costs promoters and states money because it postpones fights they invest money in so why try and clean up the sport.

I wouldn't watch anything with Lampley in it of my own free will. I've been wanting this payaso to get fired from HBO for years now.

Not getting your point here pal

How could you not? Lampley is easily the most biased commentator I've heard on a major US broadcast.

He's not quite as bad as the Brit commentators I guess but any amount of obvious bias with a "journalist" is a bad thing.

Back