Jermell Charlo vs. Erislandy Lara Says WBC Prez PBC

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
According to World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman, WBC junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo submitted a request to make a voluntary defense against WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara.

The WBA's super champion at 154-pounds is Jeison Rosario, who recently upset Julian Williams to capture the title.

Charlo and Lara are former training and sparring partners, when the two boxers trained side by side under the tutelage of veteran trainer Ronnie Shields. Charlo would eventually leave Shields and hook up with Derrick James.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jermell-charlo-vs-erislandy-lara-play-says-wbc-prez--147827

Lara in his prime would have beaten Jermell pretty comfortably. He'll still give him plenty of issues, as Jermell isn't particularly good on the front foot.

Haven't kept up with lara but if he has anything left, it should be a tough fight for Charlo. I would favor lara if he were in his prime.

Lara in his prime would have beaten Jermell pretty comfortably. He'll still give him plenty of issues, as Jermell isn't particularly good on the front foot.
I was going to say if I thought Lara had anything left I'd pick him buy I just see him not being busy enough and not getting thr victory on the cards.

Picking Lara's bones now that he's past it, but honestly I hope Lara schools him and might if Harrison was such a formidable adversary and went 1-1 with Twin.

lara from 5 years ago makes him look foolish.

but his legs seem to be gone now, so he'll probably look good in spots and lose a decision. he could still pull it off, but i just don't see it.

Lara isn’t ageing very well and will fall off a cliff at some point. Without his legs he’s just a different fighter.

He has a shot against Jermell, but betting on him id far fetched.

Damn. Pretty much every comment in here is saying pretty much what I was gonna say lol

Back