Jeremy Williams

Dr Fong

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just thought there would be some interested regular posters on this forum on his current progress in MMA. Whilst he beat a .500 guy tonight, the guy was quite seasoned and his resume suggests that he wasn't horrible, although Jeremy made him look horrible. I"ve had a feeling this guy could go places since I learned who he was training with and that he would fight at 205 instead of HW.

Williams should fare better in MMA than he did in boxing. He was a solid wrestler before he began his boxing career so he should have a good base to keep the fight standing and his athleticism should help compensate his lack of BJJ experience. I don't see many MMA strikers having the ability to exploit his weak chin so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. By no means the "Boxing Superstar" that everyone in the other forum will make him out to be, but certainly the best boxer to enter MMA with some intent and in relatively decent shape.

Jeremy had a fight last night?
I'm not finding it on his mma record.

I thought he said he was done with mma and going to refocus back on boxing.

Good for him if he wants to pursue both. But doesn't he have a boxing match coming up with in about a month?

edit

Sorry about that, I see it on the main page. Must not have updated his record yet.

Did the guy Jeremy fought have a face tat like Tyson?

Hmm not sure about the face tat - but he did have alot of tattooes. The interviewer after the fight said he'll fight on the next SHO XC against a japanese guy. He looked good tonight with a killer left hook to end things.

Jeremy had a fight last night?
I'm not finding it on his mma record.

I thought he said he was done with mma and going to refocus back on boxing.

Good for him if he wants to pursue both. But doesn't he have a boxing match coming up with in about a month?

edit

Sorry about that, I see it on the main page. Must not have updated his record yet.

Did the guy Jeremy fought have a face tat like Tyson?

His opponent had a bunch of face tats, as he was polynesian. They covered almost his whole face. Jeremy KTFO of him with an awesome looking left hook, then when he was down he caught a nasty straight right hand to seal the deal.

I'm seemingly the one man Jeremy Williams MMA warwagon. While he's never fought a "good" fighter, he's fought a lot of experienced well-rounded fighters who would classify as journey-men, and looked dominant in most of them... in only his second fight he took on the 40 fight veteran Ron Fields (who only sports a .500 record, but still), and managed to escape a couple of tight armbars before beating him into submission.

you'd think his boxing career would gather him a little competition, but im fairly sure he's been fighting the absolute worst they can find

I thought he was back in boxing fighting in the Cruiserweights!

I am a fan I thought he had a Judo background aswell?

i think he's doing both i believe

He is, and I'm fairly sure he's taking his boxing career more seriously.

Not long ago (month or two?) he was scheduled for a bout with a highly ranked cruiserweight contender that fell through (the promotors ran out of money or somesuch skullduggery). I seriously doubt that after getting in position for a possible title shot he'd take an MMA match and risk losing.

Just thought there would be some interested regular posters on this forum on his current progress in MMA. Whilst he beat a .500 guy tonight, the guy was quite seasoned and his resume suggests that he wasn't horrible, although Jeremy made him look horrible.

there was little risk for man/amazing. The guy he was fighting against hadn't beaten a fighter with one win in previous fights since 2002, to be fair he did take tait fletcher to a 3 round SD in his last fight.

you guys can see the fight free on proelite.com

I thought his opponent would have done a bit better. I know his opponent and he is pretty seasoned. Auggie, his opponent is a very experienced fighter and has been fighting for a long time in mma and boxing. Although jeremy is a pro boxer at a much higher level, auggie was an standout as an elite amatuer boxer I believe and has a decent ground game

Back