Jeff curran

jpayne77

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Simple question. How would he do in the ufc. I think he is the best fighter p4p at any weight outside of the ufc and idk if he'd win but I'd love to see him fight guys like aldo zombie and lamas or even Hioki and think he would at least have better then a punchers chance against any. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Think you mean Jeff's cousin, Pat.

LoL. You got his name wrong. It was a decent fight, he had good boxing, he wins. But just because he defended a belt once, I wouldn't be so quick to pronounce him the greatest ever not in the UFC.

Seems like only yesterday that he was schooled by Alvarez, looking lost when it wasn't working his way.

Also his fight with Pitbull was pretty razor thin. Though I had him winning it, he was pretty fucking close to losing it.

Last edited:
LoL. You got his name wrong. It was a decent fight, he had good boxing, he wins. But just because he defended a belt once, I wouldn't be so quick to pronounce him the greatest ever not in the UFC.

Seems like only yesterday that he was schooled by Alvarez, looking lost when it was working his way.

Also his fight with Pitbull was pretty razor thin. Though I had him winning it, he was pretty fucking close to losing it.

All of this

Seems like only yesterday that he was schooled by Alvarez, looking lost when it wasn't working his way.

What the hell

He wasn't "schooled"

He went 5 rounds with an elite 155 pounder

He's easily the best guy outside the UFC

Pat is def one of the TOP guys outside of the UFC. I think he'd do great in the UFC. He may not win a title, but I could see him as a perennial top 5 guy at 145.

What the hell

He wasn't "schooled"

He did get schooled. Although he looked amazing in the fight before Eddie, against Eddie he just looked star gazed. He brought that same look to the spike inaugural show, and then calmed down around round 3 (which he lost but looked more in the fight than he did in round 1.)

I didn't say greatest ever outside of the ufc I'm just saying right now now that strike force got swallowed and I think he's better all around and better in his respective divisions then alvarez

You failed.
Pats only 25 and keeps looking better. Wouldn't bet on him to beat Aldo, KZ, Frankie or Cub but think he could be a solid top 10 contender in the UFC some day.

I didn't say greatest ever outside of the ufc I'm just saying right now now that strike force got swallowed and I think he's better all around and better in his respective divisions then alvarez

Can't compare him to Eddie when Eddie is in the most stacked division in the world. Ps, the only reason he dropped to fw was because Eddie said so (with his fists). Pps, curran fan and Eddie fan here.

What the hell

He wasn't "schooled"

Should probably watch the fight again, he didn't have a prayer against Alvarez. Was a very flat fight. And even with the hype around Alvarez, I am not so convinced as the rest of the universe that he has a prayer at 155 as he puts himself in danger a bunch.

What the hell

He wasn't "schooled"

last time i checked alverez is still not in ufc... so no. no hes not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back