JEAN-CLAUDE VAN JOHNSON (Cancelled at Amazon)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Star in Amazon Action Comedy Series

Sn03xgD.jpg

Jean-Claude Van Damme is set to star in the action comedy series called Jean-Claude Van Johnson at Amazon, one that gives a very good reason as to why he made something as terrible as Street Fighter.

Jean-Claude Van Damme comes out of retirement to put on once again the mantle of his alter-ego, undercover private contractor Jean-Claude Johnson. “Johnson’s” cover as the lead role in a re-imagined action film version of “Huckleberry Finn” lands him right back in the midst of the danger he secretly always craves–but most importantly, back in the orbit of Vanessa, his fellow operative and the woman he loves.

In the show, Jean-Claude Van Damme is just the persona that Jean-Claude Van Johnson puts on in order to do dangerous private contractor work. Projects like Double Team with Dennis Rodman and the awful Street Fighter movie were only done to provide cover for Van Johnson’s secret operations. But now, not unlike Van Damme, Van Johnson finds himself out of his prime. He can’t do the splits to avoid getting hit with a metal pipe, he’s depressed by the family photos in the holiday cards he gets sent by Dolph Lundgren, and he’s just not the man he used to be.

It exists in a world where there are plenty more covert operatives working undercover as actors, such as David Schwimmer (who isn’t necessarily confirmed to be part of the cast just yet) as Van Johnson’s rival, working for the same organization. The script from 2014 by The Expendables writer Dave Callaham is hilarious in its mocking of the entertainment industry while delivering plenty of action as well.

Adding to the promising nature of this project is the fact that it’s being executive produced by Ridley Scott and The Good Wife and The Man in the High Castle executive producer David W. Zucker. But sealing the deal is Key & Peele director Peter Atencio being at the helm of the series.

Exclusive: Jean-Claude Van Damme to Lead His Own Action Comedy Series at Amazon

Will definitely watch.

JCVD is awesome and it's going to be cool to see him get to do something that's not typical STV action stuff.

The dude has some comedic value, maybe its the brussles in him.

The dude has some comedic value, maybe its the brussles in him.

I know he's been wanting to do comedy for a long time. He's done a bit here and there in recent years. I think he's bored with just straight action stuff, which is understandable.

I know he's also said he wishes some big director like Scorsese would take a chance on him because he's never had the opportunity to be directed by a genius like that. I'd be down to see it if that ever happened.

I know he's been wanting to do comedy for a long time. He's done a bit here and there in recent years. I think he's bored with just straight action stuff, which is understandable.

I know he's also said he wishes some big director like Scorsese would take a chance on him because he's never had the opportunity to be directed by a genius like that. I'd be down to see it if that ever happened.

Like with Anrni, the accents just fucks that possibility. Im lolin from the idea of jcvd doing an british or russian accent.

Like with Anrni, the accents just fucks that possibility. Im lolin from the idea of jcvd doing an british or russian accent.

Ha, well they don't have to make his character some other nationality. They could just do something where he Belgian or where the nationality is just not important.

Ha, well they don't have to make his character some other nationality. They could just do something where he Belgian or where the nationality is just not important.

Ehh, that's why he never was a serious actor. Think of all the brits and aussies that sound american then in an interview they sound retarded with their og dialect.

id say most can tell its jcvd by his voice and accent, in any movie it be to obvious its him.

JCVD was the man. I always found it compelling how his movie career progressed he seemingly developed into a better actor, too. In his latter movies like In Hell, Replicant, and JCVD his acting was much improved.

Last edited:
Update: August 17, 2016

First Look at Jean-Claude Van Damme's New Amazon Series, Pilot to Debut Aug. 19

Jean-Claude van Damme is returning to the silver screen in the new Amazon series Jean-Claude Van Johnson.

The half-hour pilot will debut this Friday, August 19 and follow the renowned action star as one of the most skilled and deadly undercover private contractors who comes out of retirement to take on the world’s bad guys.

In anticipation of the show, Amazon has just released the first images, which feature the actor alongside his co-stars Kat Foster, Moises Arias and Phylicia Rashad.

jcvj_101_00377_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_00754_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_01475_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_01084_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_04071_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_05331_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_02063_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_02212_rt_final.jpg

jcvj_101_01701_rt_final.jpg

‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ First Look: JCVD Takes on the World’s Baddest Villains in New Amazon Series

i cannot wait for this! hopefully a lot of people watch the pilot and it is good and gets buzz because i know that compared to traditional comedies as an action comedy it will have a higher budget so it will need more viewers than usual probably to get the green light for a full series

oh snap i just realized aug 19th is this friday

MYoNk_s-200x150.gif

couldn't be happier. hope it's a success.
with all the shit actors out there making shit shows,
this is a guy who needs to be seen and appreciated.
*hopes for decent script

couldn't be happier. hope it's a success.
with all the shit actors out there making shit shows,
this is a guy who needs to be seen and appreciated.
*hopes for decent script
yeah hope its good, if its good though make sure to tell all your friends to watch it, sometimes even if a show is good amazon might not pick it up because of the cost to make it.

I think it would be cool if a big name director would take JCVD and put him in a non-action role. Like, imagine if Martin Scorsese cast him as just a regular character (maybe a non-action-oriented detective or a lawyer or something). I'd love to see it.

I think it would be cool if a big name director would take JCVD and put him in a non-action role. Like, imagine if Martin Scorsese cast him as just a regular character (maybe a non-action-oriented detective or a lawyer or something). I'd love to see it.
peter weir is known for doing that, he put carrey in truman show, ford in witness and robin williams in dead poets, all roles different from what they're known for. this will be a good test to see JCVD do something more different

I can't wait for this.

"no one is going to die, except all the people I'm going to kill"

watching this now, one of the most awesome things ever

just finished it and holy shit it is so well done, i legit laughed out loud multiple times, really hoped this is picked up. it's very smart and self-aware and well paced for a half hour show.

kat foster as vanessa is really good and hot in it too.

Back