JDS vs Cormier or Barnett?

wartor

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Likes
@Brown
Reaction score
So with JDS needing to prove he fixed his take-down defense a bit before another Cain shot I think either of those match-ups would be excellent. A great welcome to the top Strikeforce guys, sort of a Welcome to the UFC from the bottom of Dana's heart.

I think both are exciting fights.

If Barnett really does come over, I want to see him fight Mir.

Hell, make it a TUF season.

Give JDS Hunt.

Cormier is the way tougher challenge, if JDS is a true champ, I doubt youll see him bested once more the way he was vs Cain, although Cormier has a good chance of doing it. That would be a way more intriguing bout. 60/40 JDS over Cormier.

if you think it's takedown defence that needs improving then this must have been youre first fight. and i would consider anyone silly for being of that conclusion even knowing that

JDS vs Barnett would be a good test for JDS. JDS can get his confiden:rolleyes:e back tee off on barnett. Cormier would be too much and would suffer another loss.

give jds the loser of overeem bigfoot

I think Barnett would be a better match up for JDS. Junior can certainly outspeed and outstrike him. But Barnett is very experienced and his top control and submission game is no joke. He is also durable.

I think Barnett vs. Mir would be a one-sided fight. Barnett is very durable and will control Mir on the ground without getting submitted.

Cormier vs. JDS is a problematic fight as well because it would kill all the hype about one of the fighters.

A fight with Cormier would have a good chance of going the exact same way as the Cain fight, Cormier now knows exactly what he has to do recreate that. I would like to see Junior fight once first before fighting either Cormier or Cain again.

I really don't know what I would do with Junior right now... Overeem would be the obvious choice if he loses to Big Foot. Hunt would be another interesting fight. I think a Werdum rematch might be interesting, and if anything Fabricio deserves one.

Everyone else JDS has either already fought or would most likely dominate. The Barnett fight doesn't really intrigue me for some reason, I don't think Josh would get him down and he would be beaten on the feet fairly easily. I agree with the majority who seems to think Barnett/Mir makes the most sense.

Barnett vs Mir
JDS vs Reem/Bigfoot loser
DC vs Roy Nelson, Russow/Jordan winner, or Kongo or drop to LHW

Cigano-Hunto
Cain-Overeem
Barnett-Mir
Cormier-Werdum

let JDS fight the loser of bigfoot vs overeem and put Cormier against Nelson those are match ups that seem to make the most sense but then again cormier could just go to LHW and get a quick title shot

Let JDS fight Bigfoot or Werdum. Cormier said he would drop to LHW and fight Jones if Cain won and that's what I want him to do.

Wait, is Werdum back in the UFC yet?

if JDS fights Cormier and loses his stock will plummet and with Cormier and Cain saying they wont fight each other it would cause big problems for the HW division. given Cormier's wrestling acumen and similarity in style to the man who just beat Dos Santos, i'd be surprised if they risk JDS' stock on such a dangerous but relatively unknown opponent

barnett on the other hand, id like to see

I hope neither. Junior stands a good chance of losing to either of those guys.

I think that junior dos santos vs Cormier might be the fight to make

Cormier will most likely be dropping to 205, so not him. JDS vs Barnett does not excite me in the least.

I want to see Barnett fight Mir, Werdum, Bigfoot and Big Nog 3. I really hope Cormier doesn't drop to 205lbs, I think he will just be drained and look bad. I want to see him fight JDS, Mir and Overeem. If he fights Jones it should be at a catch weight of 220lbs or just a straight up HW fight. Jones needs to be at HW anyway.

A fight with Cormier would have a good chance of going the exact same way as the Cain fight, Cormier now knows exactly what he has to do recreate that. I would like to see Junior fight once first before fighting either Cormier or Cain again.

I really don't know what I would do with Junior right now... Overeem would be the obvious choice if he loses to Big Foot. Hunt would be another interesting fight. I think a Werdum rematch might be interesting, and if anything Fabricio deserves one.

Everyone else JDS has either already fought or would most likely dominate. The Barnett fight doesn't really intrigue me for some reason, I don't think Josh would get him down and he would be beaten on the feet fairly easily. I agree with the majority who seems to think Barnett/Mir makes the most sense.

I think that cormier would have a hard time with JDS because what Cain did that won him the fight was the pressure and constant level changes along with the cardio. I don't think cormier can be as aggressive without tiring himself out. And he isn't nearly as mobile as Cain if I recall correctly.

Back