JDS vs Cormier, anyone interested?

blah_blah619

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
stylistically it would be a good match to test out a possible gameplan he could use for Cain, and since Cormier wont fight Cain this is the biggest matchup he could have at HW, except maybe A.O.

In an ideal world for me Cormier would fight and KO JDS then fight Allistar and do the same. Dude has great power, wrestling, and conditioning. Him and Cain are very very evenly matched. I think Cormier should be a slight favorite though due to his power advantage...problem is he doesn't really want the fight and he brakes his hand a lot.

I think it would be a repeat of last night, maybe even with Cormier winning via TKO. He hits harder than Cain, and he's a better wrestler.

3.gif

tumblr_m4bkjqTmXX1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

You dont put JDS against another dominant wrestler for his next fight, I see cormier doing the same to JDS as Cain did just a lot more brutally.

Cormier actually likes too roll on the ground and mix up his wrestling and is a better boxer then Cain IMO and transitions better from boxing to wrestling then Cain.

I wouldn't mind seeing the fight but it would be a hard comeback fight for JDS.

I would rather Cormier drop to LHW and face Jones.

sounds alright to me.

But I'd also like to see:
JDS vs Hunt
Cormier vs Werdum

Good fight.

JDS via KO. Cormier doesnt pressure as much as Cain does which was what killed JDS. Even then Cain missed several ugly as punches in the beginning of the fight and had some horrid TD attempts too because of the distance JDS keeps, that distance would be that much greater for Cormier especially because of his reach disadvantage.

Last edited:
Same problem as Rory at WW, you can't treat Cormier as title fight eliminator because he'll never fight the champion.

stylistically it would be a good match to test out a possible gameplan he could use for Cain, and since Cormier wont fight Cain this is the biggest matchup he could have at HW, except maybe A.O.

do you hate jdsso much . after cain you want him to get beat up by cormier ? give him werdum or something

I think it would be a repeat of last night, maybe even with Cormier winning via TKO. He hits harder than Cain, and he's a better wrestler.

Nah, I doubt it. I mean Cormier's skills do appear better than Cain's but it wasn't really all technique that beat JDS. Junior looked like a matador for the first few minutes just dodging Cain as he was bullrushing and it didn't really turn bad until JDS slowed way down and couldn't get out of the way anymore. Cormier doesn't have Cain's stamina to wear him down. This would be a good fight.

Hmm... I'd watch it. To be honest, I'm still a little skeptical of Cormier. He's obviously very, very good, but imo Junior is still a big step up in competition for him. I mean c'mon people, this is still Junior Dos Santos lol. I'd love to watch this fight.

Good fight.

JDS via KO. Cormier doesnt pressure as much as Cain does which was what killed JDS. Even then Cain missed several ugly as punches in the beginning of the fight and had some horrid TD attempts too because of the distance JDS keeps, that distance would be that much greater for Cormier especially because of his reach disadvantage.

This is what I would go with. Cormier shows no indication he has the aggressive pace and cardio to wear JDS out like Cain did.

That would be a great fight and much better than another rematch.

3.gif

tumblr_m4bkjqTmXX1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

First thing to come to mind actually. Guess nobody watches post-fight pressers, where the guy gives another guy credit for training him in such a way.

They found the game plan to beat JDS and I only see Cormier repeating or doing better than Cain did last night.

surprised a lot of people actually consider cormier to be better than cain. i think cormier still needs a signature win to solidify his spot in the HW picture. but then again he ragdolled Big Foot and that earned Cain a title shot so, i guess i can't be too skeptical.

Back