JDS v Cain My Analysis

Basile4567

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Alright so I'm hearing a lot of people talk about how they are 1:1 and their needs to be an immediate rematch. I disagree, And I'm not saying the first fight was a fluke, all I am saying is that in the first fight cain got caught with a punch that JDS was able to time perfectly, but they really only fought for 60 seconds. In their second fight JDS was unable to do that and they fought for 25 minutes, in that time JDS got destroyed, was unable to mount any offence and got completely obliterated. JDS is a great fighter, no hate from me, but he needs to fight a little bit before a rematch with cain. Just my two cents.

Who said there needs to be an immediate rematch??

Also *two cents

Who said there needs to be an immediate rematch?

Sorry lol I typed this really fast, and read the forum their are a lot of people saying that.

Well from a Dos Santos fan, no Junior shouldn't get an immediate rematch.

I agree he should face 1 or 2 guys first and depending on how he looks, then he'll get his rematch.

JDS will probably need to get 1 win to get the rubber match.

If these two fight 100 times, 50 times would look like the first fight, and 50 times would look like the second. I could easily see JDS timing the uppercut to catch Cain shooting in, and I could see Cain relentless going for takedowns until JDS gasses and win another decision. That's what makes JDS-Cain such a great matchup.

I agree he should face 1 or 2 guys first and depending on how he looks, then he'll get his rematch.

Nice avatar, Dos Santos fan. Fuckin idiot

No I didn't. Just tired of people shitting on JDS. My bad.

Stating right now that I believe Junior "Cigano" dos Santos is going to beat Cain Velasquez so when the time comes I'm proven right I have evidence I'm not some bandwagoning asshole who is just moving on to the newest HW trend. I have always and will always believe in Junior dos Santos.

On 10/28/10. Good thing I keep that around.

No I didn't. Just tired of people shitting on JDS. My bad.

JDS got DESTROYED get over it! I bet if JDS won another lucky KO victory you'd be all over the forums all over JDS's arms.

JDS got DESTROYED get over it! I bet if JDS won another lucky KO victory you'd be all over the forums all over JDS's arms.

Was Cain's KO punch over Nog lucky?

What about the punches he landed on Bigfoot and Brock? Pure luck? Or is the guy who beat Cain the only one who gets "lucky"?

Just like Silva learned in his first fight with Sonnen, I believe JDS now knows what Cain brings and will be ready for it then next time.

I think this is the first time I posted in a JDS thread in a while but you have a great crystal ball.

Last edited:
Was Cain's KO punch over Nog lucky?

What about the punches he landed on Bigfoot and Brock? Pure luck? Or is the guy who beat Cain the only one who gets "lucky"?

Lucky? No. But, yeah, I could hae seen Brock beating Cain in a rematch, just like I knew Cain had a good shot at beating JDS in a rematch.

Bottom line is, I think Cain has a much better chance of beating JDS in a third fight than the other way around. It wasn't the shot behind the ear that finished the first fight... it was Cain's decision to pull gaurd when he got hurt that set up the finish. Cain has never done that before... and I'd be very surprised to see him do it again.

Alright so I'm hearing a lot of people talk about how they are 1:1 and their needs to be an immediate rematch. I disagree, And I'm not saying the first fight was a fluke, all I am saying is that in the first fight cain got caught with a punch that JDS was able to time perfectly, but they really only fought for 60 seconds. In their second fight JDS was unable to do that and they fought for 25 minutes, in that time JDS got destroyed, was unable to mount any offence and got completely obliterated. JDS is a great fighter, no hate from me, but he needs to fight a little bit before a rematch with cain. Just my two cents.

are your two cents from pakistan or something?
they seem worthless

he should face exactly 1 guy
you know like the guy he ktfo'd in 64 seconds did

in the first cain didn't last a rnd

in the second cain couldn't finish the fight

right .... cain is so good that a third fight will be waist of time , I want to see cain v struve , than cain v nelson , and cain v mir , much batter match up

awesome av

Lucky? No. But, yeah, I could hae seen Brock beating Cain in a rematch, just like I knew Cain had a good shot at beating JDS in a rematch.

Bottom line is, I think Cain has a much better chance of beating JDS in a third fight than the other way around. It wasn't the shot behind the ear that finished the first fight... it was Cain's decision to pull gaurd when he got hurt that set up the finish. Cain has never done that before... and I'd be very surprised to see him do it again.

Decision to pull guard?

Are you serious? He had no idea where the hell he was because he was badly rocked. It's not like he went into the fight with the gameplan of pulling guard and working from his back.

Cain beats Brock 99/100 times and JDS beats Brock 98/100 times. Not that it matters.

Back