JDS one of the greatest men in UFC?

Righteous Jon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He is an incredibly classy guy, he showed more heart in that fight than I believe anyone has shown in the UFC's history. He truly personified the Rocky theme he walks out to. The only person I think could take a beating like that is Frankie Edgar, but no way could he have taken that from Cain. I don't think there is anyone that could have taken that beating and not given up in the UFC right now.

I genuinely admire Junior Dos Santos and I really hope the best for him in the future. The guy could barely speak in the post fight interview with Rogan, but when he said he will be back for his belt... Wow, this guy is just such an admirable human being I can't even describe how much I just want to shake his hand.

Who else would take a poor kid from the slums of Brazil to see their fight? JDS is a man among men. Probably my favorite fighter now. God bless you JDS.

well i neither think that Frankie Edgar could have taken that beating from Cain

agreed 100% - JDS is EXACTLY the type of guy the sport needs - pure class, well spoken, good-natured.

if athletes are role models, he's doing a damn fine job. I really hope he wins the eventual grudge match.

(and Cain was also very respectful and classy after the win - proof that we don't need douchebag characters like the one Sonnen puts on, in order to hype a fight).

Stoked for Cain but JDS is awesome.

Loses once, becomes a can on Sherdog...

It'd be interesting to see how JDS responds w/ his first loss. The beatdown he took takes years out of a fighter's career... concussion, broken jaw, ego and all. Chances are he'll get right back up and fight for the title again.

JDS is a great fighter and a good person.

The problem is the formula how to beat him is out. Unlike Cain who just had to come up with a better gameplan and be careful in exchanges, JDS needs a lot of work on his cardio and ground game.

He is still young and can probably do that. But he needs to change his mindset against top fighters.

JDS is a real classy guy, humble, nice, real sportsman. Even Cain is same class. No trashtalk, no nightclub brawls.

It's slightly different when someone takes a beating because of heart, and when someone takes a beating because their lights are literally incapable of turning off.

I rank his chin with the likes of Shogun now, easily. Which is even more impressive because that absorption was done at the Heavyweight class.

Hats off to him for always standing back up and never giving up. There were points when I thought Cain was risking losing the fight to a wild shot from JDS. He never fully recovered, but I thought it was still foolish to try to box with JDS when the chain wrestling was doing wonders. Still, he definitely earned the W and deserves to be champ. A lot of people are admiring JDS in defeat, but it's insane to ignore what Cain accomplished. No one has made JDS look like that, ever. Which is all the more reason to not write him off either, JDS is still #2 and there's no doubt these guys will meet again.

Back