JDS is Chuck Liddell

Defender

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jr fell in love with the knock out just like chuck.
And when you have the best hands and best take down defense in your division you get a false sense of your own dominance.

Versatility and wrestling.
He needs to upgrade in one of those areas - or both.

I mean - I was pulling for Cain all the way anyways.

I just hate that - even though that was a great fight, it could have been better is jr wasn't so damn one dimensional!!

Except Chuck won their own trilogy

jds needs to to improve both if he wants to defeat cain if ever there will be a 4th bout.

I just meant in his one dimensional knockout style.

But you guys are right - he won his epic trilogy and he could strike back pedaling.

chuck was a beast in the clinch and fought just as well moving backwards though

chuck usually won everytime on the break, which was what cainw as doing besides a few elbows

thats how he beat randy 2x when randy was doing almost the exact same strategy

He should go to Chuck to learn how to fight backpedaling

That's actually a very smart plan. Chuck's bread and butter was finding great angles while avoiding takedowns, in order to land an uppercut, a hook or that overhand right. JDS has power like Chuck has, but his angles against an aggressive wrestler like Cain are horrible, and he had no luck landing a clean shot.

Chuck throws with angles and combinations and was extremely dangerous moving backwards. Junior moves in straight lines, doesn't fight well backpedalling and usually just looks for one shot.

I've made this comparison before to my friends that JDS is Chuck. the problem is chuck never had a "cain" in his division, and do not say tito was a "cain". cain is on a level I don't think tito could ever reach.
JDS can beat Cain, but to be honest I'm not exactly sure how at this point.
I also like the comparison that JDS and Cain are Cro Cop and Fedor respectively , obviously not too similar fights but I like the idea of it.

Back