JDS: "Cain will try to take me down, but I will eventually knock him out"

troxed

White Belt
Reaction score
http://sportv.globo.com/site/evento...ar-me-derrubar-mas-vai-acabar-nocauteado.html

I won't bother translating all the quotes, but heres how Cigano (says that he) expects it to go:

1 Cain attempts to take him down ASAP(first minute)
2 Cigano fully trusts his take down defense, and won't get taken down
3 In the unlikely event he gets taken down he believes Cain won't be able to keep him there and they will stand up again
4 While standing up he will eventually knock Cain out
5 Fight will be longer then the first

Not sure about #3, but I can see the fight going this way...

Agree/disagree?

>1 Cain attempts to take him down ASAP(first minute)

As soon as Velasquez sees a chance he will go for it. The question is if Velasquez will rush the takedown or if he will be patient.

>2 Cigano fully trusts his take down defense, and won't get taken down

He's been taken down before.

>3 In the unlikely event he gets taken down he believes Cain won't be able to keep him there and they will stand up again

Kongo, Lesnar, Rothwell were able to stand up again, so 100% sure JDS will be able to standup again, but Velasquez strength is to rinse and repeat and that's where cardio could be an issue.

>4 While standing up he will eventually knock Cain out

We'll see how cautious Velasquez is to avoid the haymakers, the big punches and his chin will be tested.

>5 Fight will be longer then the first

That's what fight fans are wishing for!

I can't wait for Saturday.

in b4 the tennis court picture

in b4 people say JDS never shrugged off cains TD in the first fight

He better hope Cain doesn't take him down, becuase that is Cain's world and he will get destroyed. He needs to pull a chuck lidell.

Yeah, I cannot see any way in which Cain is going to win this fight. It goes through my head as Cain trying to catch JDS with a double leg or even a single leg and paying for it with brutal punches, one of which eventually rocks Velasquez and puts him on his butt, like the first fight, in which case, JDS once again swarms, KO's Cain and we have a new dominant champion in the heavyweight division.

Personally I'd like to see Arlovski, Fedor, Alex, and Sergei all fight the Brazilian boxer. What a resume that would be for JDS. Ah, heck, feed him Sylvia while you're at it. Bring Sergei into the UFC please!!!!

Cain has all the tools to beat JDS but he doesn't have the chin to get through the punches to get him to the ground.

JDS via ko 2rd

I remember Rothwell of all people getting up repeatedly when Cain took him down, JDS will do the same and eventually KO's Cain again

Thats if Cain can take him down before getting KO'd this time

Sprawl and brawl is his only chance. If Cain gets him into his game he will get destroyed.

Don't be surprised if Cain fakes a takedown and tries a Mir/Kongo punch.

JDS' words are just as accurate as his punches.

I can't wait for this fucking fight, I better be off work in time atleast to catch this one. this is bigger then any fight thats setup right now imo

As many plans seem to go haywire in fights I think this may actually go as JDS called it.

Sprawl and brawl is his only chance. If Cain gets him into his game he will get destroyed.

Ya bro completly agree, cain needs to be the bully like randy was with tim/other hw's. It's pretty obvious if Cain can't get inside and get physical with JDS, JDS will just find his range and land bombs.

I think the reason people get up when Cain has taken them down (the first couple of times) is because his ground game isn't focused on controlling people and keeping them down. It's focused on turning their faces into pat

Back