JB vs Askren at beat the Streets

Wow, both big and surprising.

Surprising since it's a risky prospect for either guy to face someone 'outside', but particularly for Askren (in terms of who stands to lose more cache in case of a loss), especially when you're the one who's 'branching out' (from focus on MMA) and going into (what is at this point) someone else's 'home' sport.

Last edited:
Even with a substantial size advantage, Askren has basically no shot.

This was supposed to happen back in 2011-12 after Jordan's 1st world title. It was really compelling then. Its slightly less compelling now but only slightly. When was the last time Burroughs faced someone like Ben? Its got to be a long time. Many years.

Interesting how will it play into preparations for beating masvidals ass.

Interesting how will it play into preparations for beating masvidals ass.

tbh ben prob isnt even sweating it i like jorge but he is very hit or miss..

people are riding him right now over his till win but jorge is like vitor belfort and not even that consistent he most of the time is very passive sitting behind his jab and hes a small 170 use to fight at light weight

the fact maia was able to beat him tells me ben wont have an issue very bad match up for jorge

people are riding him right now over his till win but jorge is like vitor belfort and not even that consistent he most of the time is very passive sitting behind his jab and hes a small 170 use to fight at light weight

the fact maia was able to beat him tells me ben wont have an issue very bad match up for jorge
There is a lot of pressure on Ben for that fight tho. Masvidals upsetting him would really destroy his legacy and career. OTOH he could be doing just wrestling for now to recover his brain

There is a lot of pressure on Ben for that fight tho. Masvidals upsetting him would really destroy his legacy and career. OTOH he could be doing just wrestling for now to recover his brain

i dont think bens as hurt as u think some guys have insane chins ben never took any real damage before so im sure hes fine

jorges off a huge win though in till till just fought for the belt and loss then his next fight was jorge but still pressure or not it comes down to the skill bens always gonna fight the same way i find jorge is too small and doesnt hit hard enough to deal with ben and the fact at times he doesnt come out aggressive and fights passively really will hurt him vs ben

Robby lawler was the toughest test for ben i feel at 170 a guy with ko power in both hands who knows how to throw them and has probably the very best takedown defense in the division as well and askren got through it tbh i dont see anyone on the roster beating him unless some fluke happens

Maia and Ben are quite different... Masvidal sprawled I n most Maia’s tds, he was just dumb enough to not disengage, so maia pulled half and sweept him with a single, Tyron learned from this and he showed the true you don’t want to grapple with Maia, at any range... Ben isn’t going to pull half, sure his tds are better, but LUIS sapo showed he can be stopped and after the beating Ben took from Robbie that chin might not be the same

Ben isn’t going to pull half
I would say he is prepared to pull half if he needs too. He was emulating Maia for Woodley so it's super likely he learned all the techniques Maia did in his fights to do that.

Maia and Ben are quite different... Masvidal sprawled I n most Maia’s tds, he was just dumb enough to not disengage, so maia pulled half and sweept him with a single, Tyron learned from this and he showed the true you don’t want to grapple with Maia, at any range... Ben isn’t going to pull half, sure his tds are better, but LUIS sapo showed he can be stopped and after the beating Ben took from Robbie that chin might not be the same

dont think so at all askrens a totally different animal from maia as well jorge always gets out grappled this will prob be his easiest big fight

i dont think bens as hurt as u think some guys have insane chins ben never took any real damage before so im sure hes fine

jorges off a huge win though in till till just fought for the belt and loss then his next fight was jorge but still pressure or not it comes down to the skill bens always gonna fight the same way i find jorge is too small and doesnt hit hard enough to deal with ben and the fact at times he doesnt come out aggressive and fights passively really will hurt him vs ben

Robby lawler was the toughest test for ben i feel at 170 a guy with ko power in both hands who knows how to throw them and has probably the very best takedown defense in the division as well and askren got through it tbh i dont see anyone on the roster beating him unless some fluke happens

Punctuation is not your enemy.

Dumb career move for Askren imo. I see him losing this decisively and that can hurt his negotiating position in the UFC.

Dumb career move for Askren imo. I see him losing this decisively and that can hurt his negotiating position in the UFC.
A recent wrestling loss will hurt his marketability a bit.
If he won that would be insane for his career.

This was supposed to happen back in 2011-12 after Jordan's 1st world title. It was really compelling then. Its slightly less compelling now but only slightly. When was the last time Burroughs faced someone like Ben? Its got to be a long time. Many years.

dsdoubled is the low key best poster on f12

Back