Jason Statham's Accent

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just watched the Expendables and watched the trailer for "Safe". What the heck happened to his London accent?? Like from the movie Snatch.

He now this awkward, almost impersonated "American cool guy" accent. It sucks.

They should have kept his whole bad boy from London accent, that was his character ... it's like directors are trying to mold him to be like Bruce Willis's twin or something. It's dumb.

Last edited:
he hasnt lived up to his potential. he can either be this generation's Jean-Claude or its Michael Dudikoff. or someone shoots him the face, its Brandon Lee.

The accent change has ruined his uniqueness.

Sure, we have the smart, dashing, poker playing James Bond. But, Jason Statham represented the real, rough and rugged London action hero.

Seems like hollywood has just turned him into another "run of the mill" action hero... it's a shame.

The Expendables was underwhelming as an action movie too, boring movie TBH.

The accent change has ruined his uniqueness.

Sure, we have the smart, dashing, poker playing James Bond. But, Jason Statham represented the real, rough and rugged London action hero.

Seems like hollywood has just turned him into another "run of the mill" action hero... it's a shame.

The Expendables was underwhelming as an action movie too, boring movie TBH.

Expendables was very cheesy, but not as entertaining or crazy as the cranked movies.

I think it's strange how people change accents. Mel Gibson used to have an Australian accent, and yet for decades it has been American.

I wouldn't dare watch any of the brain numbing shit he's been in lately, but I always thought he had one of the coolest voices ever in Snatch and Lock Stock.

Although Lenny Mclean wins the award for coolest voice in Lock Stock:

Hadn't noticed the change. Sounds the same to me as when he was in The One with Jet Li.

Expendables was very cheesy, but not as entertaining or crazy as the cranked movies.

yeah, the storyline sucked and the on screen chemistry between the actors wasn't believable.

I also expected Arnold Schwarzeneggar to be in the movie more. He was in like one scene! Statham's impersonated American accent got on my nerves too ;/

I see why he changed it. Don't know why you are complaining. He would have never made it this far with that voice.

but, that voice was his unique selling point. It's part of his "bad boy" from London character. That's what makes him different fron the rest.

Now, he's like mini Bruce Willis with a dodgy American accent. Whenever I watch him, I can tell he's acting. Destroys any sense of realism in the movie.

but, that voice was his unique selling point. It's part of his "bad boy" from London character. That's what makes him different fron the rest.

Now, he's like mini Bruce Willis with a dodgy American accent. Whenever I watch him, I can tell he's acting. Destroys any sense of realism in the movie.

He still sounds British and like a bad ass to us Americans.

In hollywood that's a rarity.

in certain situations (especially action scenes), a heavy english accent can be really difficult to understand by us yanks. not similar sounding, but when bisping is worked up i have no clue what the fuck he's saying.

Back