Jason Parillo (BJ's coach) the worse cornermen/coach ever?

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Seriously if any of you were wondering why bj looked like he was fighting in a 1890 fisticuff match, it's because of some low level boxing amateur named Jason Parillo. This guy has got to be the worse boxing coach and corner guy in the history of mma. It was his sole idea to have penn stand tippy toe with chin straight up in the air. He thought penn generated more power in that stance...lmfao are u fucking serious.

There was absolutely no way penn could slip punches, check kicks, or generate any power shots from the hips except arm punches.

Parillos advice in the corner was even more atrocious though. His constant reminder to bj was to get after him after witnessing bj get demolished by GNP in the 2nd round. Who the fuck made this guy advise mma he's an f level boxing who couldn't even give out one boxing advice to penn.

The guy nearly killed bj out there with his atrocious game plan and shitty consulting

I don't think Parillo knows how to prepare a fighter either. I know Parillo is probably a friend, but the blame is on BJ for picking the wrong trainer to run your camp.

As I saw someone else post, Could have picked a random Sherdogger and he would have been better than Parillo.

What if BJ wants him to approach him like that?

He's always been atrocious. Like unbelievably bad at his job.

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, BJ's been at this a long time. There is zero excuse for him actually listening to this kind of advice.

(BJ Penn getting his ass violently kicked)

Jason Parillo's advice: "It's okay! We have all day! We have three more rounds! Remember to use both of your hands and elbows and here's an apple for your teacher!"

(BJ Penn continues to get the fuck thoroughly beaten out of him)

BJ needs to slap himself for associating with/listening to that retard.

As I saw someone else post, Could have picked a random Sherdogger and he would have been better than Parillo.

Yep...I would have told him to fight like Katsunori Kikuno

Agreed about that the dude is bad doing his job. Never told BJ that keep his chin down.

Penn is responsible for putting himself in a position to win and put the right guys behind him.. He failed terribly.. I couldn't take watching it.. it was just insane how bad the strategy was ..

This dude used to be looked at as the best boxing coach in mma.... well by Penn fans anyway. When he came back as BJ's coach a few years ago the boards went nuts with delight!

Oh how times have changed.

Brian Stann said that they did that to help BJ generate power...when was power ever the issue with BJ Penn? He knocked out plenty of dudes, a few of them very quickly in the first round. Power wasn't the problem and it was a huge fucking mistake by his coaches making him fight like that.

P4P worst fucking coach ever.

Is there a quote where it says its his idea for the stance?

My heart sank a bit when I saw Parillo with him. I was expecting a legitimately revamped BJ after hearing so many stories about his training with Barao and Aldo.

That was just tough to watch, and I'm not going to bother wondering what might've been if BJ ever had a great team.

He gave BJ ZERO advice on what to do. A coaches job to motivate and build strategy. Who knows how BJ would have done with a good coach.

should really stick to his day job of cooking Crystal Meth with Mr. White

As soon as I saw Parillo and Rudy walking out with BJ I knew he was fucked. He had the two "yes men" that coached him in some of his worst performances. Not sure if they were his head trainers during his prime but they both have seemed lost as to how to improve his skills. It's just shocking how far fallen and inept BJ is at 35 years old. He looked 50 out there last night. No power, no speed, no timing. I don't know how he could have went through a long camp and not realized he had no business being in there with someone of Frankie's caliber.

Brian Stann said that they did that to help BJ generate power...when was power ever the issue with BJ Penn? He knocked out plenty of dudes, a few of them very quickly in the first round. Power wasn't the problem and it was a huge fucking mistake by his coaches making him fight like that. /QUOTE]The real issue is that the advice is completely contrary to the stated goal. Penn's ORIGINAL stance was more conducive to power-punching than the curious upright one he displayed on Sunday. Weakening your base to hit harder makes NO sense...

funny thing was he didnt even help BJ prepare for this fight, he said so in an interview with Karyn Bryant after the fight last night. not sticking up for him cos Ive never really rated him as anything other than a good padholder.

Back