Jason High: Poor decision for first LW fight

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Jason High is a good fighter but taking a fight with a top 10 LW in his first fight at LW at high altitude seemed to be a very poor decision. RDA looked very good and got the win and his stand up and wrestling are always improving but I get the feeling Jason High is going to look much better in his next fight and will be making his way into the top 10 in his next few fights.

Did anyone else get that feeling watching the fight as well?

Dropped down in weight and got owned..
He had nothing to offer;

Poor decision shoving the ref from saving him though..

Expectations were just too high;;

At least he has his sister Jessica to comfort him.

i think it was a great decision and i thought he was doing pretty well against rda. looking forward to his next fight at lw.

high hopes for him, hope he lives up to the high expectations

I didn't mean this to turn into a pun thread but what the hell I'll join in, the altitude was too damn high for Jason High in his first LW fight.

RDA was too high up in the rankings for his first fight at LW

Dropped down in weight and got owned..
He had nothing to offer;

Poor decision shoving the ref from saving him though..

He was doing well before he gassed badly and yes shoving the ref was very stupid even though the stoppage was a bit premature.

Are you suggesting high should have turned down the fight? Are you trolling?

This is the UFC, not candy fun land.

Are you suggesting high should have turned down the fight? Are you trolling?

This is the UFC, not candy fun land.

I'm saying he should have asked not to fight at high elevation for his first fight at LW. There was much more reward than risk so I understand why he did it but fighting at high elevation in his first weight cut to LW isn't exactly ideal and I don't think it would have been seen as an outlandish request. I do think he's going to be a very good LW though once he gets his cardio corrected.

Jason High is a good fighter but taking a fight with a top 10 LW in his first fight at LW at high altitude seemed to be a very poor decision. RDA looked very good and got the win and his stand up and wrestling are always improving but I get the feeling Jason High is going to look much better in his next fight and will be making his way into the top 10 in his next few fights.

Did anyone else get that feeling watching the fight as well?

ive only seen two of highs fights so I dunno...........

during the bout last night I was more impressed with rda, specifically his guard(lotta sweep/sub attempts...and fairly good strikes)......it looks like he learned from khabib loss that you just cant hang out on bottom

ive only seen two of highs fights so I dunno...........

during the bout last night I was more impressed with rda, specifically his guard(lotta sweep/sub attempts...and fairly good strikes)......it looks like he learned from khabib loss that you just cant hang out on bottom

Definitely RDA was impressive, I just thought under the circumstances Jason was doing well till he ran out of gas and I get the feeling he will do much better in future fights, he might not make it to the top 5 but I think he will be a top 10 guy in the future at LW.

He was doing well before he gassed badly and yes shoving the ref was very stupid even though the stoppage was a bit premature.

some credit needs to be given to rda for high gassing dos anjos never let up and was constantly pressing

After seeing him shove the ref after the stoppage I wished RDA punished him more.

Honestly Bryan Caraway Seed should be fined BEFORE Jason for fish hooking his opponent into the choke last night.

Definitely RDA was impressive, I just thought under the circumstances Jason was doing well till he ran out of gas and I get the feeling he will do much better in future fights, he might not make it to the top 5 but I think he will be a top 10 guy in the future at LW.

yeah it looked like high was gonna get a (t)ko really explosive strikes and put rda on his ass w that double leg

and yes taking a fight with a top5 guy in your first fight in a new weightclass in a fight at high altitude probably wasn't the best idea

especially considering he had recent surgery(was mentioned during fight)

Back