Japanese Source So Not Sure...Okami vs Lombard UFC on Fuel: Japan?

kingcillo24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I used google translate
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/ufc/headlines/20130108-00000000-spnavi-fight.html

"That the top fighter Yushin Okami UFC middleweight class, participated in the "UFC JAPAN 2013" to be held at the Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, on March 3, has been announced. Opponent Hector Lombard experienced also participated PRIDE.  Okami wins is determined by the "UFC 155" on December 30, during the current winning streak 2."

Card looks packed already. 12 spots usually so one more slot is left after this fight. Could it be Kyoji Horiguchi Kid or Akiyama in that last spot?

266194.png

Some of the predictions hurt.

good picks, I think Gomi can beat Sanchez though. What a stacked fucking card, wish I could attend.

Okami wins is determined by the "UFC 155" on December 30, during the current winning streak 2. Only to have suffered a loss reversal rainy day, in the tournament UFC Japan in February last year what has just wins at home and you want to appeal again to challenge middleweight crown.

This is exactly what i've been talking about all this time. Okami only to have suffered a loss reversal rainy day, you idiots!

good picks, I think Gomi can beat Sanchez though. What a stacked fucking card, wish I could attend.

I believe in Gomi as well.

Wanderlei Silva wins by submission??????

I hope Wand shoots for the takedown. I think he could be successful in his attempts. He should know not to play the power striking game with Stann.

That Japanese website seems to be listing Yushin vs Lombard with the rest of the FUEL card. UFC seems to be making this FUEL Japan card pretty good. They're not treating Japan like the red headed stepchild.

So is FUEL getting into more households/providers this year or what?

I hope Wand shoots for the takedown. I think he could be successful in his attempts. He should know not to play the power striking game with Stann.
when was the last time you saw Wandy attempt a TD and fight smart?

Main Card:

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Preliminary Card:

Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

That Japanese website seems to be listing Yushin vs Lombard with the rest of the FUEL card. UFC seems to be making this FUEL Japan card pretty good. They're not treating Japan like the red headed stepchild.

So is FUEL getting into more households/providers this year or what?

Fuel is PROBABLY only going to carry UFC events until the end of this year. All would be UFC Fuel shows will probably go to Fox Sports 1. Fox Sports 1 does not exist yet but its channel location would be Speed. Speed would be rebranded as Fox Sports 1. Speed is in 80 million homes. 10 million less than Spike right now. It will get more homes once it is rebranded by Fox because of better content. It will hold NFL MLB and European Soccer programming. It will be ESPN's rival.

Anyways Sauce for Lombard Okami.
http://www.ufc.com/news/okami-added-to-march-3-japan-card?f8

How is this not on FX?

They're using Wanderlei, Hunt, Struve, Gomi, Diego, Lombard, Yushin, Siyar, DHK to lure fans to FUEL TV subscriptions, and I'm not aware of any FUEL cards being replayed on FSN or available on DVD, so they are playing hardball with the FUEL cards as bait. Once in a while, they might make certain bouts available on Time Warner Cable UFC on Demand for $.99 each.

I just hope the main card is given a big enough timeslot because I won't be able to watch the Facebook prelims.

They're using Wanderlei, Hunt, Struve, Gomi, Diego, Lombard, Yushin, Siyar, DHK to lure fans to FUEL TV subscriptions, and I'm not aware of any FUEL cards being replayed on FSN or available on DVD, so they are playing hardball with the FUEL cards as bait. Once in a while, they might make certain bouts available on Time Warner Cable UFC on Demand for $.99 each.

I just hope the main card is given a big enough timeslot because I won't be able to watch the Facebook prelims.

Well it worked on me. I ordered the Premium Sports package last month. Extra $7 per month for NFL RedZone, Fuel, NBC Sports, GolTV, and a few other channels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back