Japanese BJJ Gis?

K

Kool Aid Man

Kinda weird question, but a friend of mine is going to Japan and asked if he can bring something back for me... I don't really need another BJJ gi but I was thinking an authentic Japanese gi would be kinda cool. Are there any BJJ gi brands that are only found in Japan? Anybody in Japan that cares to chime in?

isami isn't only found in japan, but i picked up a few isami gis for a couple of friends when i was back in tokyo last year

dumau's are nice

bull terrier is probably the best brand to get for japanese kimonos

also lutador kimonos are good too

lol authentic japanese gi.

then 'BJJ'

we do realise bjj is brasilian jiujitsu right?

XD

~Foz

iirc dumao's/lutadors/ bull terriors are basically keikos with different patches

Making gis in Japan is as expensive as having them made in the US. A lot of Japaneses companies have their gis made in China and PK. Just like US companies have theirs made in China, PK and Brazil. Even Mizuno and Adidas low to mid range gis are not made in Japan. The ones that are made in Japan (mostly Judo gis) are top of the line and are some of the best in the world.

www.SSFgear.com

i though it would be more expensive considering that the cost of livin in japan is throught the roof.

Do you want a gi that screams "THIS IS A JAPANESE GI" or just one made by a Japanese company?

Personally, I love the look and design of the Lutador brand. Plus, you can get it in green. Not that I would, but I'm just sayin'.

4_5_21.jpg

Do you want a gi that screams "THIS IS A JAPANESE GI" or just one made by a Japanese company?

Personally, I love the look and design of the Lutador brand. Plus, you can get it in green. Not that I would, but I'm just sayin'.

4_5_21.jpg

Eh, looking more for something that isn't readily available in the states as opposed to something that screams "look at my Japanese gi"

But the Lutador does sound interesting. Does anyone here have one and care to comment?

iirc dumao's/lutadors/ bull terriors are basically keikos with different patches

nah bull terriers make thier own gis

they do sell keikos dragao's and things with their patches but their kimonos are bull terrier

Back