Jan Blachowicz Remains On UFC 191; Now Fighting TUF Winner Corey Anderson

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

So Corey Anderson, a guy with only 6 professional fights and coming off of a TKO to Gian Villante, gets an opponent who is better than Gian Villante. Hm. Thoughts?

I wonder if Jan is pissed or happy about that.

Tough break for Corey... sadly a TUF winner these days just doesn't quite mean what it used to.

That being said, if he doesn't go K1 and uses his wrestling he might just have a chance.

oh shit. I didn't really read any of the rumble vs manuwa stuff. I just figured Jan must have gotten hurt. So they just simply changed the fight?

oh shit. I didn't really read any of the rumble vs manuwa stuff. I just figured Jan must have gotten hurt. So they just simply changed the fight?

Yeah, looks like it. Everyone involved and the fans alike know that Rumble vs. Manuwa makes a lot more sense. Although the opponent they found for Jan doesn't make much sense..

I always thought Corey Anderson had potential but how is he supposed to reach that potential when he's getting fed to top 15 guys back to back? He's only got 6 pro fights for god's sake.

Oh, the injustice of Corey Anderson being booked with 12th ranked Jan Blachowicz.

A division where guys like Feijao and ghost of Shogun, can still be ranked top 10, and where guys like Fabio Maldonado, Ilir Latifi, and Gian Villante (earned his spot with the win over Anderson) can make the top 15.

Let's all boycott!!

And they give Manuwa to Rumble... Whats going on here? Even though i guess it makes more sense than Jan. I think Corey could wrestle Jan pretty good.

I thought it was announced he was injured?

I don't think it is a bad move Rumble was close to winning the belt Jan did not belong in there with him

So Corey Anderson, a guy with only 6 professional fights and coming off of a TKO to Gian Villante, gets an opponent who is better than Gian Villante. Hm. Thoughts?

Weird shit happens all the time; Schaub lost to Arlovski who was barely top 10 and got a top 5 fighter in Browne next. Duffee, 3-1 in the UFC fighting Mir in a main event bout, while guys like Jordan with more impressive streaks are fighting on the undercard.
Blachowicz can use a break, he came in fighting monsters.

Well this doesn't happen every day! I reckon these fights make more sense

Is Corey Anderson still Beastin' 25/8 or did that go down after his first loss?

My money's on Jan, provided he doesn't shit the bed against "BEASTIN' 25/8".

went from main card to prelims, i'm guessing...

Jan beats Corey I think, but Corey does have power so you never know. I
Think it's a fairly close matchup, a lot better of a matchup for Corey than Villante was

Oh, the injustice of Corey Anderson being booked with 12th ranked Jan Blachowicz.

A division where guys like Feijao and ghost of Shogun, can still be ranked top 10, and where guys like Fabio Maldonado, Ilir Latifi, and Gian Villante (earned his spot with the win over Anderson) can make the top 15.

Let's all boycott!!

Ilir Latifi is a monster. Go watch WMMA.

Manawa is a boring fighter to be honest, all his fights he just clinches against the fence with people. one of the most boring. claims he is this striker but really every fight he has just spends the whole rounds against the fence. Jan should fight rumble

Let's all boycott!!

relax, bro

Back