James Vick vs. Glaico França added to UFC 197

I think Vick will take him.

The guy has a great build for LW - tall and long limbs, but doesn't seem emaciated. I always expect to see good things from him after his wins, but then he has these major stretches of inactivity.

The guy has a great build for LW - tall and long limbs, but doesn't seem emaciated. I always expect to see good things from him after his wins, but then he has these major stretches of inactivity.

I agree. Though these long intervals should allow for some improvements in his game.

He is still rather awkward, and I thought was losing his last fight with Jake Matthews before locking up that nasty choke.

Franca is lanky too. These are probably the two lankiest fighters in the division. Franca is only 25 and seems like a decent prospect. I didn't watch TUF Brazil so I don't know a great deal about him.

Weird match making. Vick never gets a step forward because he's so inactive.

Franca is a certified freak of nature as far as size and strength goes for 155, but he is clearly raw as sushi. If Vick can avoid getting tied up he should be able to pick him apart.

Vick is an interesting prospect if i'm honest. When I first saw him on TUF I wasn't overly sure what to think of him but then he beats the likes of Dakota Cochrane, Daron Cruickshank and Joe Proctor on the show. Since that time I've been very impressed of him as he's got some impressive names on his resume such as Nick Hein and Jake Matthews. So I think this will be a fun little fight to show his continued development and hopefully after this we see him take a step up in competition.

glaico is also a big lw at 6" 0 and physically stronger than Vick.

This is definitely no gimmie fight for Vick and he could definitely lose here. Glaico looked solid on tuf.

Back