Jakes Shields and Ben Askren training together. [video]

it is just pure awesomeness

How Shields just put him back in guard like that

truly a hybrid of BJJ/wrestling, flows effortless between the two

Obviously Shields had the BJJ advantage but Askren had the wrestling and seems more of an athlete even thou both seems to be more technical then athletic

LYMAN GOOD is gonna MURDER Askren!!

You heard it hear first! How Askren is favored is beyond me!!

Aksren's style of wrestling is just so well suited to mix with bjj, and it seems like he learns quickly! And Shields looks to be in great shape for his fight, that man is no joke.

This video is also a great example of how the threat of submissions, and the presence of a wall/cage really alter up the takedown game in a way that lessens a pure wrestling advantage. Askren is a better wrestler than Shields ever was by far, but Shields gets him down in some exchanges. When you mix it all together, everyone's advantage that they might have in their individual discipline gets negated a bit. Superior wrestlers can get taken down, superior strikers can get knocked out, and superior submission grappllers can get subbed.

AWESOME.
i have been waiting for jake shileds in the ufc for years.
anyways his opponent is no joke!

Askren's wrestling style seems to land him on the wrong end of the crucifix position a lot, but he seems quite good at working out of it too. Might become a problem when he faces someone who is really, really good at BJJ.

Dude that was insane. Great Video man!! God they both are so slick its absurd.

Askren's wrestling style seems to land him on the wrong end of the crucifix position a lot, but he seems quite good at working out of it too. Might become a problem when he faces someone who is really, really good at BJJ.

i noticed it happened to shields in his henderson fight as well as in this video.

I wish more professional grapplers would put out more rolling videos for free... but thats a long shot

How exactly did Askren even develop a wrestling style like that? He just seems to hang on to any part of the leg and his opponent goes down.

How exactly did Askren even develop a wrestling style like that? He just seems to hang on to any part of the leg and his opponent goes down.

There's a lot of details you are missing here Padwan.

This is incredible. The way their wrestling/bjj comes together is insane.

Askren has a very unique style, he is constantly in positions that should be bad, but aren't for him. He is the funk master.

Awesome..Ben's wrestling is top notch, but Jake seemed to handle it well. Jake's escapes were waaaay better and had better transitions. Overall great work. It's cool to see the Eternal logo still on the mat too :)

Awesome..Ben's wrestling is top notch, but Jake seemed to handle it well. Jake's escapes were waaaay better and had better transitions. Overall great work. It's cool to see the Eternal logo still on the mat too :)

I'll have something up today. I wanted to train hard, get hard use of the product, and get use of all 5, not just 2 or 3. Sorry for the delay.

Man I need to learn how Shields is so good with the arm-in Guillotine.

Yeah, that video was awesome. I love both those guys. Can't wait for Shields' fight in the UFC.

Back