Jake Shields reacts to WSOF 22: "I want to fight the guy in the streets to be honest"

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
New interview with Jake Shields from Submission Radio

[YT]Zu6x8uQy0VE[/YT]

Some Topics Covered:
-his immediate reaction to the fight
-the eye-gouging
-how the thumbs to the eye affected his performance
-Steve Mazzagatti's refereeing
-the kimura
-if he thinks Palhares held the submission on too long
-the reactions of Ray Sefo and Ali Abdel-aziz
-what he thinks should happen with Rousimar and if he thinks he should be punished or suspended
-thoughts on a rematch
-Nick Diaz and Nate Diaz getting into a brawl with Khabib Nurmagomedov

Some Quotes:

What was going through Jake's mind after the submission when he stood up

Hard to disagree with any of that. Thanks for the cliffs.

You really put together quality posts. I know you have a personal interest in doing so but it is certainly accomplishing its goal. I have never left a thread of yours disappointed. Kudos.

Paul Harris is one of the last guys I'd want to fight in da streets.

Jake Shields seems like a great guy.
I am surprised he didn't gouge him back while in full mount but I can see he fights fair even after that blatant cheating.

wondering what kind of abuse paul harris received as a kid to make him this vicious.

if they fought in the streets jake shields woudnt have a arm right now

Jake needs to calm down.

On the streets who would have no arm.

Fight Palhares in the streets?

So you can lay on him?

He would kill you Jake, and then go watch a movie

On the streets who would have no arm.

The guy that had to tap 8 times and needed a ref's intervention in order to be able to throw a weak punch after the bell.

But on the street Jake would have Da 209 Boys with him, so I'd take Shields via Diaz Stockton Slappin the shit outta Palhares as he turtles up.

Note to Jake:

Being the token white fratboy in the Diaz crew doesn't mean you'd fare well in a street fight vs Tree Stump from the favela.

Mazzagatti was really sleeping on the job last night, fucking ridiculous.

Mazzagatti was really sleeping on the job last night, fucking ridiculous.

It's a shame Boy meets world got cancelled. Maybe if his acting career had more going on we'd never have had to deal with Steve in the first place.

7uCp6Tu.jpg

stevemazzagatti.jpg

anyone find it kind of ironic after how many times he poked gsp in the eye?

The guy that had to tap 8 times and needed a ref's intervention in order to be able to throw a weak punch after the bell.

But on the street Jake would have Da 209 Boys with him, so I'd take Shields via Diaz Stockton Slappin the shit outta Palhares as he turtles up.

Fool please!!! There's never a big time drug cartel coming out of 209 Stockton. Everyone there that acts hard are just a big wuss who never even been shot at before, or shot anyone, and they all wish they're big time drug lords kingpins while struggling with a dead end job, or even no job. LOL!

Another good interview from PolskiGhost.

don't blame Jake on this one. Palhares took it too far with the eye gouging, that is too much for a sanctioned fight to allow that without recourse. Hope Jake is ok and that he bounces back soon.

Palhares would probably rip his eyeballs out

Back