Jake Shields grappling videos!

PirateTetra

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
[YT]Hx2waUvSM1s[/YT]

In this video, Jake submits Leo Santos (7x Jui Jitsu World Champion and ADCC finalist) in impressive fashion. I know that Jakes grappling credentials isnt even close to Maias, but i think Jake might pull off a sub in round 4 or 5.

Anyways, enjoy the vid!

[YT]kKTgWUYsNB8[/YT]

(Bonus video, Jake Shields vs Jon Fitch)

[YT]ylHqIIOeWYI[/YT]

(Bonus video, Jake talks about his style: American Jiu-Jutsu)

Last edited:
Nice vids. Leo santos didnt get choked out tho, he tapped and was still conscious, which is not the same

Not to belittle Shields' very impressive grappling skills, but this will always be my favorite grappling video of his:

Don't lie about Leo Santos' credentials. He's taken a silver and a bronze in the black belt division at the Mundials and is 4x World Cup champion, which had much fewer big name competitors.

Has also never been an ADCC finalist. He has taken fourth place at ADCC and has won the Brazilian trials.

Don't lie about Leo Santos' credentials. He's taken a silver and a bronze in the black belt division at the Mundials and is 4x World Cup champion, which had much fewer big name competitors.

A lot of people (including competitors themselves) don't seem to differentiate between a world champion at black belt, and world champion at lower levels. It's really rather frustrating, as championships at lower belt levels really don't mean much IMHO. The same thing happens with Maia's credentials, he's often touted as a multiple time world champ, but he's never won the Mundials as a black belt. And yeah, the World Cup was a good accomplishment but it was never as prestigious as the Mundials.

A lot of people (including competitors themselves) don't seem to differentiate between a world champion at black belt, and world champion at lower levels. It's really rather frustrating, as championships at lower belt levels really don't mean much IMHO. The same thing happens with Maia's credentials, he's often touted as a multiple time world champ, but he's never won the Mundials as a black belt. And yeah, the World Cup was a good accomplishment but it was never as prestigious as the Mundials.

Maia won lots of stuff at black belt but didn't even the worlds at CBJJO, let alone IBJJF, at black belt level. The worst is Travis Lutter, who has never been a black belt world champion.

Can't help disagree about a Mundial gold medal at a lower level meaning much. I imagine a purple belt world champion would submit or at least beat over 50% of UFC fighters under grappling stipulations around their weight class.

Nice vids. Leo santos didnt get choked out tho, he tapped and was still conscious, which is not the same

Sorry, i changed that! :)

Has also never been an ADCC finalist. He has taken fourth place at ADCC and has won the Brazilian trials.

Didn't mean to "lie", that's just what they wrote one Jakeshields.com. I just checked out Leos wiki and i can see that should've made a little bit more research. Sorry, thank for correcting me!

And btw, Come on you Gunners! :D

My friend got super-high, stared at the living room rug for about an hour, and then swore he just saw the best Jake Shields fight ever.

Back