Jake Shields= goat?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another new champion crowned that Shields beat with ease. (Condit,Lawler,Woodley) and Maia could be next IF he got his shot, but we all know Nick Diaz has earned it. Is Shields goat?

Yes. Furthermore Shields > Hendo > Fedor

*Yawn*

Wake me up when Shields is relevant again.

I feel like when he fought some of those guys, they were not at there best form.... especially Condit and Lawler

YES

Shake Jields = WW Goard, Top 5 MW Goart

Nope.

GSP owns all of Cesar Gracie camp including Jake.

MMA math, again...

B714calIAAEkjzb.jpg

Were it not for GSP, Jake Shields would have had a pretty good run in the ufc. After that lost there wasn't much to do with him as he could conceivably beat the other ww's in a not so crowd friendly fashion (See Fitch). When Shields was released for being "just another guy" or something in the ww because he wouldn't fight for a title again soon, i was pretty weirded out. I could think of a lot of people who are just "that guy in their division" who probably won't fight for a title. Shields doesn't get the recognition he deserves, but is much better then given credit (like askren). His fights are pretty cool if you're into grappling. Not so much otherwise.

He didn't beat Woodley or Maia with ease. Personally I didn't think he beat Maia at all.

the easiest and fastest way to rain on your parade is simply to bring up GSP...

Another new champion crowned that Shields beat with ease. (Condit,Lawler,Woodley) and Maia could be next IF he got his shot, but we all know Nick Diaz has earned it. Is Shields goat?

Ellenberger GOAT

Back