Jake Paul Opponents

fromTheAshes KoSkater

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I get that the guys a celebrity so you cut him some slack... but if he wants to compete professionally why are all his opponets 3-4 weight classes semi-retired and middle aged.

Its still impressive he wins against even these combat athletes but cmon give him some fresh blood that at least in his Cruiser weightclass not retired Walter weights and light weights and ex football players.

giphy.webp

It happens to be awfully difficult to have any opinion on that matter.

I get that the guys a celebrity so you cut him some slack... but if he wants to compete professionally why are all his opponets 3-4 weight classes semi-retired and middle aged.

Its still impressive he wins against even these combat athletes but cmon give him some fresh blood that at least in his Cruiser weightclass not retired Walter weights and light weights and ex football players.

It’s very noticeable that everyone he calls out;
Doesn’t actually box
&
Is massively undersized

Yet there are enough sad cnts out there actually giving this idiot credit

Tommy fury struggled with a 2-0 boxer last night. He is the same size as Paul, very few fights, huge Instagram following; surely this is the fight that makes sense. However there is no way it will happen. Paul’s already trying to spin it saying he’s desperate etc. He’s shit his pants! The reality is he won’t step in the ring with anyone his size or who can box. The people paying to watch him fight are mugs, and sad as fck

I don't get why people are bothering to pick apart his competition. If you ask me, he's progressing faster than a lot of boxing prospects. First he fought a fellow YouTuber (I think), then he fought an actual athlete, then he fought a legit UFC fighter, now he's fighting a legit UFC fighter who was a world champion and is known for his hands.

You can say Woodley can't box, but have you seen some of the bums big name guys fought on the way up? Check the 4th fight of your favourite boxer, I guarantee Tyron Woodley is probably more a threat than they were, even if he hasn't had a pro boxing match before.

Why would anyone stress over this?

The guy isn't aiming to be the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, WBF, IBC, IBO, champ.

Let the guy (and his opponents) make some cash along his journey.

What's next? A retired NFL player fighting guys with losing records to quench his thirst for competition and make some money?

Because he can’t beat any ranked fighter in his own weight division.

I don't get why people are bothering to pick apart his competition. If you ask me, he's progressing faster than a lot of boxing prospects. First he fought a fellow YouTuber (I think), then he fought an actual athlete, then he fought a legit UFC fighter, now he's fighting a legit UFC fighter who was a world champion and is known for his hands.

You can say Woodley can't box, but have you seen some of the bums big name guys fought on the way up? Check the 4th fight of your favourite boxer, I guarantee Tyron Woodley is probably more a threat than they were, even if he hasn't had a pro boxing match before.

Which exact boxing prospects are you talking about?

Teofimo Lopez, Shakur Stevenson, Devin Haney, David Benavidez.

Lets look at their 4th opponents.

Teofimo - Jorge Luis Munguia. 12-8 at the time, 13-15 overall. On a 5-fight losing streak when he fought Teofimo.
Shakur - Oscar Mendoza. 4-2 at the time, 4-4 overall. On a 3-fight win streak Shakur, but opponents were 2-13, 0-5, 0-3.
Haney - Roman Melendez. 6-9 at the time. 6-17 overall. On a 3-fight losing streak when he fought Haney, and was 2-8 in his last 10, with all loses coming by KO/TKO.
Benavidez - Arturo Martinez. Made his debut. 0-1 overall.

So yeah, I get the fact that Tyron is not a pro boxer and all of these guys (except Arturo Martinez) were. But given what we know about Woodley, would you say these guys were more of a threat than him with 8-ounce gloves? Doubtful.

yeah, he is progressing because he started at the absolute bottom fighting a nerd who never boxed or practiced sports. He is still fighting competition at a ridiculous level. A decent amateur of his size would be much much better than anyone he fought (or Tyrone too)

Teofimo - Jorge Luis Munguia. 12-8 at the time, 13-15 overall. On a 5-fight losing streak when he fought Teofimo.
Shakur - Oscar Mendoza. 4-2 at the time, 4-4 overall. On a 3-fight win streak Shakur, but opponents were 2-13, 0-5, 0-3.
Haney - Roman Melendez. 6-9 at the time. 6-17 overall. On a 3-fight losing streak when he fought Haney, and was 2-8 in his last 10, with all loses coming by KO/TKO.

So yeah, I get the fact that Tyron is not a pro boxer and all of these guys (except Arturo Martinez) were. But given what we know about Woodley, would you say these guys were more of a threat than him with 8-ounce gloves? Doubtful.
wtf, just to be a professional boxer you need to train for some 10 years. I assume those guys are also on the same weight class. How do you believe Tyron is better competition?

And you think Paul is going where those 4 prospects that I named are going? A serious international elite boxer?

All of the guys that Jake is calling out are very undersized. Not only is he not boxing boxers, the guys he’s cherry picking are generally 2-3 weight classes smaller. That’s a huge advantage.

wtf, just to be a professional boxer you need to train for some 10 years.

That's like the myth about boxers having to register their hands as "lethal weapons".
To be a pro boxer you need to pass a physical and pay around 200$ depending on the sanctioning body.
99.8% of "pro boxers" are truckers, construction workers and other manual laborers fighting on reservations on a Saturday afternoon for some beer money and, if they're lucky, for a bit more money to pad the records of the 0.2% of boxers you actually know about (realistically, that number is probably even smaller, I'ld say less than 1 in 1000 "pro boxers" fall into this category).

This is just a reality circus show for common folks entertainment, this gives young people who can't make it in boxing hope to live out their dreams & fight their idols while getting rich, it's just fun entertainment.

David Reid's first four opponents:
10-0
13-1
7-1-1
11-0

Back